How To Adjust New Height Control Sensor

NNaidu

ALL,

I recently had to replace the height sensors on my GX-470.

The dealer had no idea on how to adjust the height.

I did some manual adjustments on the sensor it self and observed that one can change the height position for NORMAL setting to ensure the vehicle is at correct height.

However I had many questions in my mind.

-What is the HEIGHT Specification at NORMAL POSTION .

-Is the response from the LEFT sensor different from the RIGHT Sensor.

-What is the starting point.

-Since FUEL TANK is on drivers side, how do we compensate for weight and height difference from LEFT to RIGHT side.

Would welcome feedback on how to adjust the sensors.

What is the correct procedure ?

Thanks

Could I know what prompted you to change the sensors, Before you change the sensors , Could you look at the EXhaust HEight Control Solenoid VAlve, Sometimes due to moisture intrusion, these sensor go bad, effecting the height Control Sensors. All you need to replaced the solenoid valve. These were a problematic ones on the 2003/2004 model GX. It is also called as Compressor Height Control Assy and the Part # 48910-60020. This once replaced will only be reset thru a Diagnostic Kit which is available at the dealer. As lot of interface is done to the ECM to understand the part number installed and clear the previous codes installed. I am bit surprised if the dealer say he does not know, try to change you dealer from your area to another one. Only one important thing the dealer should remember that there is Code DTC C1735 is not removed and it should be retained in the Suspension Control ECU.

• 1 year later...

here's what i did. i adjusted the height control sensor. i loosened the nut and pulled the nut all the way to the lowest point. now when my 470 is on the middle driving position it rides a little more than an inch higher than the front. rideheight.jpg

If I remember correctly it doesnt even matter what the actual number is that you are reading(scan tool) for the height sensor as long as you are at proper ride height and the numbers are fairly close between sensors. The sensors are there only to ensure the proper operation of height control and report to the ecm that there was a change or possible problem.

here's what i did. i adjusted the height control sensor. i loosened the nut and pulled the nut all the way to the lowest point. now when my 470 is on the middle driving position it rides a little more than an inch higher than the front. rideheight.jpg

chadster,

I've been dealing with ride height problems with our 470. My local repair shop installed a new sensor and now the vehicle rides so high in the back that the low beam headlight are worthless. Can you give me some measurements on yours in the normal riding position? If you have a 2'' receiver hitch could you measure off the bottom of it to the floor? Or can you post a page from your manual?

Do you need the scan tool to set the ride height?

Do you have the GX repair manual? I've been thinking about getting one.

78.9 mm (3.11 in.) = centre of wheel - torsion bar = normal

Amount of change in vehicle height:

HIGH position:

40 mm (1.57 in.)

LOW position:

-20 mm (-0.79 in.)

hammer,

Where are these measurements taken from? Is 3.11 in. between the rubber bump stop and the rear axle housing?

Thanks

78.9 mm (3.11 in.) = centre of wheel - torsion bar = normal

Amount of change in vehicle height:

HIGH position:

40 mm (1.57 in.)

LOW position:

-20 mm (-0.79 in.)

hammer,

Where are these measurements taken from? Is 3.11 in. between the rubber bump stop and the rear axle housing?

Thanks

post-10491-0-15283200-1290056578_thumb.j