Won't Start

w140amg

After leaving my LS400 parked over night, I tried to start the car this morning and it would not start. I heard 1 lick.

I tried again and the third time, it started. Afterwards, I turned the car off 3 times and it started all 3 times.

Any ideas? car has a new batter and a major tune up (timing, plugs, wires, ignition coil, etc) about a month ago. I hope the starter is not bad...i read it's a PITA to replace.

thanks!!

If all you hear is a click then after a few times it fires up, the contacts in the solenoid have worn out enough to prevent current to pass through them to engage the starter. That's what my 95 started doing in December.

There are many good threads here and on CL describing the process. Good Luck and you're correct, it is a major pain.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...st&p=350214

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400-foru...tml#post4191291

After leaving my LS400 parked over night, I tried to start the car this morning and it would not start. I heard 1 lick.

I tried again and the third time, it started. Afterwards, I turned the car off 3 times and it started all 3 times.

Any ideas? car has a new batter and a major tune up (timing, plugs, wires, ignition coil, etc) about a month ago. I hope the starter is not bad...i read it's a PITA to replace.

thanks!!

Since you've done all that work recently, I'd check all your connections first. Another easy check to do is the relay.

Keep it simple.

If it does not start ,first issue is does the battery have enough charge.

Find out if the alternator is charging the battery at all times as well as the battery at full capacity.

Start by buying a new battery