Odometer Reset From 165k To 0 Miles - Help!

B.Lee

I wonder if giving us a step-by-step on how you set you odo to 0 is illegal in some way.....

It wouldnt do me any good... only a moron would think my car is low mileage. I dont have the digital speedometer anyway.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if giving us a step-by-step on how you set you odo to 0 is illegal in some way.....

It wouldnt do me any good... only a moron would think my car is low mileage. I dont have the digital speedometer anyway.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You almost made me forget how much this must hurt .......

BullsEyeorBumsEye.jpg

• 2 years later...

I know this topic is a few years old, but I found it on a Google search because I am another 1:1,000,000. The bigger problem is the car belongs to our customer (94 ES300). We did an intake gasket this past Friday. Vehicle came in with a working legit odometer (thankfully the tech recorded it before working on it, we also have service records that varify), the problem was not noticed until the customer picked up the car. When she called on the phone, I was convinced she had it on the trip setting. She brought the car back and we varified it had reset to 0. I figured maybe the lcd had partially burned, until she hit 100+ miles this weekend and all three digits have kept recording properly. We can only chalk this up to the battery disconnect during the intake job. Now I'm scrambling trying to find a fix. If anyone knows of a fix, please pass it along. Thanks, Scott

• 5 years later...

I fix computers, cell phones, cars. Just like the cmos circuit on a computer, it would not be hard to reset an odometer if you quickly short the circuit containing the stored info. You just have to know what you are looking for. I have on several different applications similar to this

On 1/30/2012 at 10:38 AM, Scott183 said:

I know this topic is a few years old, but I found it on a Google search because I am another 1:1,000,000. The bigger problem is the car belongs to our customer (94 ES300). We did an intake gasket this past Friday. Vehicle came in with a working legit odometer (thankfully the tech recorded it before working on it, we also have service records that varify), the problem was not noticed until the customer picked up the car. When she called on the phone, I was convinced she had it on the trip setting. She brought the car back and we varified it had reset to 0. I figured maybe the lcd had partially burned, until she hit 100+ miles this weekend and all three digits have kept recording properly. We can only chalk this up to the battery disconnect during the intake job. Now I'm scrambling trying to find a fix. If anyone knows of a fix, please pass it along. Thanks, Scott

Here is a DIY fix that was also posted on the Club Lexus forum at some point in time.

Note to all readers: It is ILLEGAL to alter the mileage on your odometer to reflect differently than the actual mileage on your vehicle without disclosing this information. I nor the creator of this video take responsibility for any consequences as a result of your actions. If you are performing this DIY, it should be to set the mileage to match that of your vehicle, should the original be lost or if the cluster is swapped with another.

Full documentation here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-1st-to-4th-gen-1990-2006/740730-diy-odometer-reprogramming.html