Just Bought A Sc400!

YongK

hey guys, i just joined in as a new member cause i just bought a sc400 online. i haven't pick it up yet, but its a 97,with 77k miles, alot of options, its automatic, dont they only make anto transmation on 97? couldn't find any mauals. very nice condition inside n out. engine compartment looks clean n new. clean carfax, one owner. although i haven't test drive it yet, but lets say it drive like new. i bought it for 9400. wat u guys think? i think its a good price, checked it on kbb, suggested retail value is 12000.

• 7 months later...

lol are you feeling guilty cause the guy is giving away a good car lol thats a no brainer even if i could find something like that to just sit in my drive way till it hit classic id be happy with that lol hell when i bought mine it had allmost none of those things you mentioned lol for one the front end had to be given a face lift cause it didnt exactly have a fender bender try a chasis bender lol no radio not even 4 matching rims one was some strange after market rim and the electrical system seemed to suffer from rust but for 900 bucks and 1500 dollars worth of wrench time its restored back to glory lol youd never know and blue book sits at over 5500, to be honest i wouldnt give up 5500 just like that but to know i put it back together my self gives me some pride about my car and guess what if i ever wanted to sell id see my money back lol but that day wont come no time soon lol

hey guys, i just joined in as a new member cause i just bought a sc400 online. i haven't pick it up yet, but its a 97,with 77k miles, alot of options, its automatic, dont they only make anto transmation on 97? couldn't find any mauals. very nice condition inside n out. engine compartment looks clean n new. clean carfax, one owner. although i haven't test drive it yet, but lets say it drive like new. i bought it for 9400. wat u guys think? i think its a good price, checked it on kbb, suggested retail value is 12000.

Congratz! Welcome to the club. You will learn over time that these cars are truly magnificent. Btw, I think you got a good deal. That sucks about the books not being with the car..maybe you could call a dealership and buy one if you're feeling frisky. I don't even know if they sell them or what they'd say.

Why did you buy a car without testing driving it? That's generally not a very good practice! But I hopefully you'll luck out and its a well maintained car. It could be due for a timing belt..or other things.