8.1 Version Of Gps Navigation

candebose

I'm a new member and I'd like to know if anyone has purchased the new dvd for the 8.1 version of GPS Navigation? If you have, is it worth spending the money for the update? Can it be purchased somewhere else other than a Lexus Dealership? I've looked around a little on the internet, but I'm not sure. If you have any information on this topic concerning purchasing the update, please let me know.

Thanks.

From my understanding the latest version has a glitch in it. If I were you I would wait until October when the new version is released. You dealer can tell you what new stuff has been added when it is released before you purchase it.

Thanks for the info. I think I will check with the dealer and maybe wait a while.

Which version do you currently have? That will mostly determine whether the upgrade is worth the money. It is mostly a map database update, with some firmware change depending on your current version.

I think I was told I have 7.1, but I need to check it out for myself.

From my understanding the latest version has a glitch in it. If I were you I would wait until October when the new version is released. You dealer can tell you what new stuff has been added when it is released before you purchase it.

Do you care to elaborate on this "glitch"? This would be the first I've heard of it.

I'm a new member and I'd like to know if anyone has purchased the new dvd for the 8.1 version of GPS Navigation? If you have, is it worth spending the money for the update? Can it be purchased somewhere else other than a Lexus Dealership? I've looked around a little on the internet, but I'm not sure. If you have any information on this topic concerning purchasing the update, please let me know.

Thanks.

To learn more about the Version 8.1 update, visit http://owners.lexus.com Select Manage Vehicles>Navigation Map Feedback

You are supposed to find release notes listing the changes made since the Version 7.1 update, coverage overview and more.

Unfortunately this is for Lexus owners in the US. I could not enter a Canadian address to see the information.

Perhaps someone in the US could copy and paste the updates here in the forum?

Thanks.

have checked with the dealer and they did not even know that a new version was out. Regardless of price it has to be better than the piece of crap installed in mine. Cannot use it in my city. Have to rely on a garmin portable unit. Dealer is trying to obtain a copy of the new version

I believe that all 08 ES350s had version 7.1. Not sure about 2007 ESs. So if you have 7.1, my opinion is that you wait a year or 2 for the next update. I have a Garmin portable unit also for my wife's car and have not got an update in 2 years and it still works fine. However, new developments, new road updates aren't in but usually the road changes are not so major that the GPS can't get you back on track. Now the new developments are a different story....but, really depends if you need to get into the new developments. Just my opinion.