What Are Best Shocks And Springs?

tc32

Hey guys. I got a 92 SC300. I'm looking to buy some springs and shocks. I was wondering what do you guys recommend as being the best. I'm currently considering Tokico HP Gas shocks and Eibach Pro Kit springs. I did a search and found Eibach to be recommended by alot of people but I already had them in mind. But I couldn't really find anything on shocks. Any input would be great. Thanks.

i would just spend the extra 200 bucks or so and buy tein basic coilovers. you can make it the height you want instead of hoping the springs give you the stance you want since that is probably what you are after.

I wish people wpould stop assuming their is such a thing as best.

When asking for opinions with suspension , you have to define what you want from the suspension.

Since stock OEM is not what you want..

Well i was implying that i wanted to know what "you" (whoever is reading this) would consider as best. Basically just wanted opinions to help me make an "informed" decision. I didnt assume there is a best. I admit i used a poor word with the best. Also if you used the two parts i mentioned any feedback from personal experience would have been great.

Most coilovers i've been looking at where a good amount over $1k. Tien Basics would run me $810.00 and Eibach would be $300.00. Maybe i will save the $500.00 and go for coilovers. Thanks for the input.

You still have not stated what purpose you want them for , mentioning 2 names does nothing in the way of guessing what you are looking for.

It is like buying a pair of pants over the phone.

I'm not trying to get on your bad side or anything but couldn't you just give me input on them if you have tried/use those products? Or not respond if you didn't? Or suggest a one you feel is better? I've seen a lot of posts that don't mention what they want the products for and ask questions about them.

Anyway l'm sure my shocks are bad as they bottom out when i hit what i would consider "mild" or higher bumps/dips or when i have 2 or more people in my car and hit lighter bumps. I'm talking about both the rear and front. And since i was going to replace them i figured i might as well install springs and lower my car at the same time. I'm not looking to lower my car more than 1". I basically have a $1k budget, i'm not looking to spend more than that. Hopefully that answers your question and you can help me out.

Most coilovers i've been looking at where a good amount over $1k. Tien Basics would run me $810.00 and Eibach would be $300.00. Maybe i will save the $500.00 and go for coilovers. Thanks for the input.

you also mentioned tokico shocks so i factored that in at another $320 or so so yea just spend the extra $200

you also mentioned tokico shocks so i factored that in at another $320 or so so yea just spend the extra $200

ok i see what you mean now. that looks like my most likely route now. thanks.

When asking for opinions with suspension , you have to define what you want from the suspension.

You are rude !!! Too rude to own a Lexus.

I'll second that...

What a Grouch!

If you don't have something constructive to say,, shut the heck up. <_<

You are rude !!! Too rude to own a Lexus.

I have a 1992 SC400 and I went with Tokico struts and factory springs for now. I would suggest Tannabe springs because of the better drop in the front than what Eibach has. Tannabe offers 1.2 in front and Eibach only 1.0 inch. It looks better to me. They are the same for the rear, 1.0 inch. They are both good companies and you cant go wrong with either, but thats the difference to me, in my opinion.

Hey guys. I got a 92 SC300. I'm looking to buy some springs and shocks. I was wondering what do you guys recommend as being the best. I'm currently considering Tokico HP Gas shocks and Eibach Pro Kit springs. I did a search and found Eibach to be recommended by alot of people but I already had them in mind. But I couldn't really find anything on shocks. Any input would be great. Thanks.

I have to agree your title seems kind of vague. Like who makes the best fried chicken? It depends on what you are looking for. It doesn't help that much to ask what everyone thinks of KFC.

On the other hand, when someone asks for advice, they often don't know enough to phrase their question perfectly. Someone with experience knows this and responds by probing for information that will help the question to be answered. If I don't want to bother then I would beg off. I wouldn't try to make the guy feel bad.

to answer the title question and to shut everyone up, as far as shocks go Penske seems to be the best around that are available to the public, and i would say Swift springs because they are made in Japan and what country did Toyota come out of?

There is a lot of negativity and bull crap in this thread and doesn't need to be here.

For one thing, lexypam, all that guy was saying is that the "best" is objective to the driver and individual. To get the best possible fit for this guy it's best for him to state his desired outcome with the springs/shocks.

Then the genius JohnH chimes in with absolutely nothing constructive to say and just further adds to the idiocy of this thread.

It's pretty clear JohnH and lexypam know absolutely nothing about their cars. If anything, you two give lexus owners a bad name not the ones in this thread actually trying to constructively help someone.

There is a lot of negativity and bull crap in this thread and doesn't need to be here.

For one thing, lexypam, all that guy was saying is that the "best" is objective to the driver and individual. To get the best possible fit for this guy it's best for him to state his desired outcome with the springs/shocks.

Then the genius JohnH chimes in with absolutely nothing constructive to say and just further adds to the idiocy of this thread.

It's pretty clear JohnH and lexypam know absolutely nothing about their cars. If anything, you two give lexus owners a bad name not the ones in this thread actually trying to constructively help someone.

I don't HAVE to know anything about my car, I know that (to me) it seemed Mr skperformance was rude in the initial response to tc32. tc32 had to spend his time responding to a still rude response to Mr skperformance. You have lost the point. Why couldn't sk performance just be polite and helpful? Is he excused of his rudness because he "knows everything about cars"?

I don't HAVE to know anything about my car, I know that (to me) it seemed Mr skperformance was rude in the initial response to tc32. tc32 had to spend his time responding to a still rude response to Mr skperformance. You have lost the point. Why couldn't sk performance just be polite and helpful? Is he excused of his rudness because he "knows everything about cars"?

decypher you have "chimed in" on uncalled for name calling. How rude!!!

Touché! I just know that most people here mean well and deserves a break. Even I mean well when I chimmed in even though it could be viewed as rough. I love everyone !

decypher you have "chimed in" on uncalled for name calling. How rude!!!

i appreciate you guys standing up for me and all but its all good guys. i dont hold any grudges... lets all just get along lol.

all in all i do believe i got some good input from a few people so ill look into then and see whats best for me... thanks. hopefully after more research ill learn enough and be able to help the next noob along the line lol.