Ash Tray

h8snow

My first post been getting lots of help with my 98 ES300 70000 miles. Bought the car last December paid way way to much have been restoring it since. Has anybody had there ash tray stick shut just will not open when i push on it. I dont smoke nothing in it to cause a jam just aggravating. Also is the transmission fluid checked while engine is running, in gear , engine stopped or with someone under hood while moving. Thanks much for any help. :rolleyes:

The ashtray is stuck closed, needs to removed cleaned and re-installed. Check out the FSM listed on the sticky at the beginning of the forum. My car is a 93, the Ashtray is held in by two screws on the top, and two on the bottom. The top ones are hidden behind a trim panel between the bottom of the radio, and the cupholder, the bottom two are accessed by removing the trim around the shift lever. Your the radio and climate control are reversed, but maybe the access procedure is the same, don't know. As for the fluid check, drive the car til it is up to normal operating temp, move the shift lever through all the gears, (p,r,n,d, 2 and L. Then back to park. Leave the engine running, check the level with the dipstick, should be between the marks labled hot. hope this helps.

capn

Capn thank you much. Removed ash tray following your instructions worked perfect found a business card stuck in back. Transmission level is good drained out @3.5 quarts last oil change put that amount back just wanted to make sure. Great forum thanks again. :)