Need Help With Scratch

I just bought a 2009 rx 350. And some one keyed in the driver side. There is one is 6 inch long . this one is deep. And the other one is 12 inch. i am so upset. i went to lexus dealer they were asking 500 dollar.

i tried quickx. it works very well. but i can still see the scratch.

Can any one suggest any thing...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

I just bought a 2009 rx 350. And some one keyed in the driver side. There is one is 6 inch long . this one is deep. And the other one is 12 inch. i am so upset. i went to lexus dealer they were asking 500 dollar.

Spend the $500 and do not accept the car back until it is flawless. You should not be able to see the scratch under the brightest light around or from any angle.

Then go find those lil thugs who keyed your ride and beat them senseless...

I agree to get it fixed right. If you have Comprehensive Insurance coverage on your car--you'll pay only the deductible.

I had the same thing happen with my Porsche Boxster. Five days old, still had the paper plate on it, "keying" was over the back fender, down the door and up onto the front fender. $2,600 later ($100 for me) it was repainted perfectly. I still see no difference in color after 7 years.

• 2 weeks later...

$500 is relatively cheap.. I got a very small rock chip on my front hood, and the Lexus recommended body shop wanted more than $600 to fix it; which I thought was ridiculous.. I bought the $16 touch-up paint pen and did it myself...looks fine..

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday we bought our new lexus and stopped by subway to get a sandwich. As we were leaving, another car parked beside us and we waited for them to get out of the car. The man opened the door and hit our car. It was a very small paint dent. I asked them for insurance info, they just ignore us and said it was nothing. WE insisted; then they said "call the police". We don't think we could call the police for this small dent. So we just let them go. I felt very upset! So people can just do that in America? What would you do if they said "call the policy" and refuse to give you the insurance info.

Yesterday we bought our new lexus and stopped by subway to get a sandwich. As we were leaving, another car parked beside us and we waited for them to get out of the car. The man opened the door and hit our car. It was a very small paint dent. I asked them for insurance info, they just ignore us and said it was nothing. WE insisted; then they said "call the police". We don't think we could call the police for this small dent. So we just let them go. I felt very upset! So people can just do that in America? What would you do if they said "call the policy" and refuse to give you the insurance info.

I am sorry to hear about your new car. That really sucks that people can be so damned callous about your nice new car. :(

Thanks for the feedback. I did not think about using my key to scratch their car while standing beside their car angrily. I did thought about it last night when I can not sleep. I guess I could not do that even if I did know this trick. I believe god will punish that car's owner. I did photographed that car's plate and wondering if it is really worth to take them to court. Puzzled and frustrated!

Thanks for the feedback. I did not think about using my key to scratch their car while standing beside their car angrily. I did thought about it last night when I can not sleep. I guess I could not do that even if I did know this trick. I believe god will punish that car's owner. I did photographed that car's plate and wondering if it is really worth to take them to court. Puzzled and frustrated!

That sucks :(

I totally feel for you not being able to sleep after getting into a confrontation with "people" who frankly do not care about others or their property.

You did not think about jacking up their car because you are more wise and civilized than the then-young and stupid BillyShaft.

Retaliation didn't occur to you because you are not a crap-fest of a person like the "people" who dinged your car.

See? It is a good thing that it never crossed your mind. :)

When you take your car to the dealer for your 1000-mile courtesy service, tell the service writer the story and tell them how it broke your heart that they did this to your brand new Lexus.

I am willing to bet that they touch it up for you and buff it in so you can't see it.

Most of the Lexus people are good guys and excel at customer service.

Enough of this bad news! Tell us about your new car! What colors? What options? How do you like it?

Just got a nasty chip fixed on my year old 350. I was leaving a Chrysler dealer after buying some parts to fix my daughters car and as I was leaving the parking lot a guy with a weed eater working in the planter strip throws up a rock that hit my driver side passenger door below and forward of the door handle. I pulled over and looked, the chip was down to the sheet metal about the size of a pea. Long story short the dealer service manager said he would take care of it. He had me bring it in the next week and took it to the body shop that they use, I told him this is a new car and I didn't want it coming back worse than it went in. I got it back and I can't even see where the chip was. kudos to the Vacaville Chrysler dealership.

Jeff

I would have called the police.

The police would have been irritated, but they would have made the driver give you his insurance info. I bet as soon as you said "Okay" and pulled out your cell phone to dial he'd have changed his tune. I had a woman rear end me one time and then had the gaul to say that my car was beat up and that she didn't see any damage when I asked for her insurance information. Well, those of you who know me know my cars aren't beat up...they're always in like-new condition.

What did I do? I whipped out my cell phone, took a quick picture of her bumper up against mine and told her she could give me her insurance information or I could call the police, her choice. She very quickly gave me her insurance info.

I buffed the little scracth out and pocketed her $500. Had she not been a !Removed! I wouldn't have done that.

You can ALWAYS call the police, thats what you pay them for. I would have not hesitated to call the police.

The good news is it can be repaired very easily, find a good paintless dent repair shop in your area. $90 and it'll be all fixed.