Smart Key Battery Replacement

tgcLS430

Hello all,

I am getting a maintenance message that the battery in my smart key is getting low and I want to replace it. I cannot figure out how to get the smart key open to get to the battery. I see a seam along the side but no screws holding it together and no apparent place to pry it apart. Can anyone provide instructions? I tried searching this website and google without success. Thanks-

Hello all,

I am getting a maintenance message that the battery in my smart key is getting low and I want to replace it. I cannot figure out how to get the smart key open to get to the battery. I see a seam along the side but no screws holding it together and no apparent place to pry it apart. Can anyone provide instructions? I tried searching this website and google without success. Thanks-

I just changed mine and the instructions were in the owners manual. It wasnt't too difficult. there are no screws to remove but it is hard to explain verbally how to do it. The only tool you need will be a small flat screwdriver. If you dont have a manual you can view your specific one at Lexus.com At the bottom of the page click on "Owners" and register.

• 2 years later...

Hello all,

Hope this helps :whistles: