07 Es 350 Does Accident Affect Retail Price?

redeldo

Ran across a 2007 ES 350 with less than 11,000 miles at a Lexus dealer. It is not certified due to being in some sort of accident and repaired by "qualified Lexus repair facility". I have not seen it in person but wanted some opinions before I drive 90+ miles one way.

Would being repaired seriously affect the retail price or the saleability of the car? Any idea of what a ball park sales price? I would hate to pay a large amount for a car that is no longer a virgin :unsure:

Thanks

Wayne

I would demand to see the repair work order / invoice. Yes, a discount should apply, because if you ever sell that car, it will be disclosed on CARFAX. So I would ask for a discount of half the repair invoice amont. Repair $2,000, discount at least $1,000.

But I don't believe it should affect the quality or longevity of the vehicle.

I think you know the answer to your question. You just want someone to ratify it. Of course it will effect resale value. How much, depends on the extent of the damage and the quality of the repair. Before you go you need to get a CARFAX report on the vehicle. It would also be nice if you could see the documents associated with the repair. I assume the car does not have a salvage title.

Lou

I think you know the answer to your question. You just want someone to ratify it. Of course it will effect resale value. How much, depends on the extent of the damage and the quality of the repair. Before you go you need to get a CARFAX report on the vehicle. It would also be nice if you could see the documents associated with the repair. I assume the car does not have a salvage title.

Lou

Yep, I guess your right but since I am a newbie looking at a Lexus, I wanted some input good or bad. The dealer says it is heavily discounted at 24,995 (no navigation no mention of premium packages, etc). When I saw the ad it appeared too good to be true, there just had to be a reason for the price compared to other similar cars. But it just seems high for a base and being it was in a accident. Since it is at a Lexus dealer I don't think they would attempt to sell one with a salvage title.

You and Sharp had a good suggestion I may try to follow up on to see if they have the repair bill listing to show what was done. I wonder if they would let me speak to the original owner?

If you are in the market to buy right now, you will be treated like a King in any dealership in the country.

There is huge selection available and frankly some of the most stupid-low prices I have seen in years.

Forget the accident repair example...you should look for a fully-optioned creampuff: either CPO or cheap enough for you to buy an extended warranty from Lexus. If you are a Lex noob, then you will want to be able to enjoy your first Lexus, not worry about the integrity of a repaired vehicle.

It is a buyers' playground out there right now. Have Fun!

It may take you a while, but you will find the perfect car for crazy-low pricing if you are diligent. When you find that crazy-low priced car, don't be afraid to lop a couple thousand off the asking price when you make your offer...again, have fun!

Yep, I guess your right but since I am a newbie looking at a Lexus, I wanted some input good or bad. The dealer says it is heavily discounted at 24,995 (no navigation no mention of premium packages, etc). When I saw the ad it appeared too good to be true, there just had to be a reason for the price compared to other similar cars. But it just seems high for a base and being it was in a accident. Since it is at a Lexus dealer I don't think they would attempt to sell one with a salvage title.

You and Sharp had a good suggestion I may try to follow up on to see if they have the repair bill listing to show what was done. I wonder if they would let me speak to the original owner?

I bet the vehicle has at least the premium package. Base ES350s with cloth upholstery are extremely rare. The base car is only available in Tungsten or Smoky Graphite. BTW, IMHO, $25K is not that great for damaged and repaired '07. I picked up a brand new '08 for my wife in November for $31K and change.

Lou