2 replies to this topic

#1 jerzyjim

jerzyjim

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Model: '97 sc300

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

On my 1997 sc300 there are three rear speakers with grills. I would like to remove the grills to check for dirt and loose speakers. How do I get the grills off ?

thanx,

jerzyjim

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 rekit

rekit

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Model: 93 sc400

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:10 AM

There may be an easier way, but when I put new 6.5" speakers in my 93 I had to take half the damn car apart. The grills attach from under the rear deck so out came the back seat, the rear interior sides etc. I had to do a little hacking to get the 6.5's in, but they sound SO much better. I ended up putting some more up front. There was a guy selling enclosures for the doors on ebay that worked really well. Those 4" speakers suck.......

#3 sc4sooner

sc4sooner

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Model: sc400

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

yea unfortunalyt they only way to get to the rear speakers is to literaly take apart the entire back half of the interiror. it seems like a hard intimidating ordeal, but i promise you its fairly simple and straight forward.

im sorry i couldnt find the exact directions i used, but these are pretty good as well,

http://us.lexusowner...l=rear speakers

good luck

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have