Cold Passenger

gbrown4447

We have two LX470s, both acquired new, one a 99 and the second an 07. The best transportation I've ever had except for the heating system. The system keeps the driver toasty warm but the right seat passenger receives little heat.

It's a little embarassing to have a $70K vehicle that freezes the passengers and requires a blanket somewhat reminiscent of the horse drawn sleigh stories of my grandparents.

We haven't been able to find a setting that corrects the problem, are we missing something? Or is this a problem experienced by others?

That is strange. I do not have a problem like that with my LX.....doesn't the 07 have dual a/c so the passenger and driver can have different temps? Or maybe you should just adjust all the air vents pointed at the passenger seat! But then again here in Southeast Texas we see little cold weather. If the temp drops below 20F it is big news.

• 3 weeks later...

have had same problem

auto climate control sometimes fails to respond to inc or dec in temp

passenger side vent switches over to blowing cold air without any input through climate control

very frustrating

have had it inspected three times without solution

any ideas

anyone else with similar problem

lxgs

• 1 year later...

DID you ever get an answer? My 2002 does the exact same thing and nobody seems to acknowledge its an issue. My wife is wrapped in a blanket and me without a shirt and wiping sweat off my head inside my LX with an inside temp set at AUTO 70 and the outside temp at 20. Of course when she drives it does get more interesting ;)

• 4 months later...

I can acknowledge the same problem with my 2002 LX470. I have had the same problem since don't know when. During the winter driving in New York, while I am burning hot at the driver side, the passenger is freezing.

The 2002 model didn't come with separate temp. control for the driver and front passenger, so I am sure it's an issue that is seldom talked about but experienced by many.