2004 Gps Upgrade

Yes, you can remove update the navigation system by removing the original disc, and inserting the new disc. This will update the software on the nav, and then you're set to run off the new map data. The drive is located in the lower right hand side of the trunk.

Yes, you can remove update the navigation system by removing the original disc, and inserting the new disc. This will update the software on the nav, and then you're set to run off the new map data. The drive is located in the lower right hand side of the trunk.

Alright thanks man. Where and what disc should I buy for it? In other words, what is the newest version of software for it?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright thanks man. Where and what disc should I buy for it? In other words, what is the newest version of software for it?

2004 RX 330

86271-3303X (on the disc - the higher the last digit the higher the version)

V8.1 is the most current disc available and was released in November of 2008.

You can acquire this GEN23 map disc from a Toyota or Lexus dealership.

Dealers are free to set their own pricing so shop around.

• 5 months later...

2004 RX 330

I'm looking around for GEN23 map disc for 2004 rx330, but everything I'm reading says 2004 rx330 is a Gen 2/3 design and v8.1 wont work with Gen 2/3 system. Is this incorrect? What IS the latest version I can get for Gen 2/3 system for 2004 RX330? thx.

• 2 weeks later...

2004 RX 330

I'm looking around for GEN23 map disc for 2004 rx330, but everything I'm reading says 2004 rx330 is a Gen 2/3 design and v8.1 wont work with Gen 2/3 system. Is this incorrect? What IS the latest version I can get for Gen 2/3 system for 2004 RX330? thx.

Hey, Lexus is offering V8.1 for $199 MSRP! Just got an email from my dealer. The part number you need is PT219-GEN23-08