3 replies to this topic

#1 mann777

mann777

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Model: LS400- 1994 / GX470-2004 / LS460 - 2007

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

Could somebody tell me if at all anybody used non standard ( Mobil/Penzoil) ATF fluids has been ever used on GX model from Non dealers
if so your suggestion the brand, I had gone to the dealer and he suggest All toyota & lexus engines
should mandatory used the Transmission Fluid Type IV sold by the dealers in order for the transmission
warranty, Is it true, your advise !!!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 brickauto

brickauto

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Model: GX470

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

Could somebody tell me if at all anybody used non standard ( Mobil/Penzoil) ATF fluids has been ever used on GX model from Non dealers
if so your suggestion the brand, I had gone to the dealer and he suggest All toyota & lexus engines
should mandatory used the Transmission Fluid Type IV sold by the dealers in order for the transmission

If your GX does not have a tranny dipstick then it is a "WS" ATF which leaves you with the safe choice of using original Toyota WS ATF only.

The 2003s uses the old T-IV which some aftermarket ATFs are compatible. I personally have Amsoil ATF in my 2003 (with tranny dipstick), I believe Valvoline Maxlife ATF is T-IV compatible too.

#3 jdphomepro@hotmail.com

jdphomepro@hotmail.com

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Model: 2006 GX470

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:10 PM

I have 30,000 miles on Royal Purple Multi Spec. Automatic Transmission Fluid without any problems. I am about to do a fluid change again. Please note you need a scan tool to read ATF temperature for correct fluid level check. I can send you the manual you could follow if you need it. I use their products for every fluid my vechicle requires.

I order it from here. Stock up on all fluids at once since they charge $9.00 fee on all orders.

http://www.jegs.com/.../01320/10002/-1

You can call Royal Purple technical support at phone: 281-354-8600 with any questions.

#4 mann777

mann777

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Model: LS400- 1994 / GX470-2004 / LS460 - 2007

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

Hi could you email a soft copy of the manual to my email address. mann68'2gmail.com... appreicate your support.
thks - mann

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have