20 replies to this topic

#16 Lexus GS430 Guzzler

Lexus GS430 Guzzler

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Model: Lexus GS430

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

I just got this. I went to Autozone and got a OBD2 scanner and saw that P0441 and P0455 came up.

My personal friend/mechanic says that there's 3 possible issues: the vacuum seal valve, charcoal canister, or gap cap's rubber gasket. Says it's probably the gasket, and I think so too - when I undo the gas cap, it does not hiss - meaning that it's not retaining pressure. I'll see if Lexus can figure it out.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Austin GS

Austin GS

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Model: 06 Lexus GS

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:36 AM

Any other updates? I started another post here about a similar issue with check engine/VSC lights coming on. I have had the gas cap replaced by the dealer, but it did not fix the problem.

#18 RonnyB

RonnyB

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Model: GS 300 AWD

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

i SPOKE WITH THEM YESTERDAY AT THE DEALERSHIP AND THEY SAID TO UNSCREW THE GAS CAP AND DRIVE AROUND FOR ABOUT 3 MILES AND IT SHOULD TURN ITSELF OFF....NO LUCK...I'M TAKING IT IN fRIDAY TO FIND OUT WHAT'S UP WITH IT....ANY ONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM????

Exact same thing happen to my 06GS300.. Dealer replaced gas cap under warranty and problem went away. According to the dealer, this is very common.

#19 nickjhowe

nickjhowe

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Model: 06' GS300

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:47 PM

VSC lights just came on mine. Let's see what the dealer says tomorrow...

#20 HomieG

HomieG

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Model: '06 GS300 RWD

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

You can add my '06 GS300 to the "replace fuel cap" for the P0456 code, with VSC, TRAC and Check Engine lights/warnings on. Cleared it myself a couple of weeks ago after re-seating the fuel cap gasket. But the code got triggered again yesterday. Brought it to the dealer today and they replaced the fuel cap. Interestingly, the service order says "replaced fuel cap, cleared code as per TSIB L-SB-0168-09". I hadn't seen, or missed, any postings of this issue related to a TSIB.

Part number on the new cap is 77300-47010 per the service order.

Presumably the -09 suffix means it's a 2009 TSIB, but can't seem to find it via search here or google.

I'm curious to read that TSIB (L-SB-0168-09). It's my nature to be curious! Anyone have this TSIB and could post it, or a link here?

#21 nickjhowe

nickjhowe

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Model: 06' GS300

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:27 PM

VSC lights just came on mine. Let's see what the dealer says tomorrow...

Yup, same as everyone else they replaced the fuel filler cap...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have