Homelink Garage Door Opener

denslexusgx470

Many have questions on how to program the Homelink buttons. It is in the owner's manual but sometimes it may be confusing to understand the terminology. I've summarized what the manual states, and hopefully this will help anyone in the future (as I have in the past already hehe)

"Ok. Delete the codes in the homelink then try this. (To delete, hold down the first and third buttons at the same time, hold for about 30-60 seconds till the light blinks really fast. Release and check if deleted if the light blinks at a slow but steady pace. That means there's nothing stored on that button)

Hold down the garage door button and the homelink button u want programmed. Once the light changes from a slow blinking light to a rapid blinking light, release both buttons. Then go to the garage door openner and (this is different for all garage door openners) push the "learn" button ONCE. Within 30 secs, press the same button u programmed 3 times, and it should work."

Is the "learn" button on the actual garage door opener machine? I have never seen anything like that on mine. I will try the steps up to that point. Thanks

• 2 years later...

Thanks!  Bought the 2003 ES300 used.  Having had a 2002 RX300 the first three steps were familiar.  I had forgotten the third step: Press 3 times.  It works after the second press.  Thanks again!

P.S. Just bought a 2013 RX350, with Navigation.  You should get a PhD degree after reading that manual!

• 11 months later...
On 9/27/2008 at 1:47 AM, denslexusgx470 said:

Many have questions on how to program the Homelink buttons. It is in the owner's manual but sometimes it may be confusing to understand the terminology. I've summarized what the manual states, and hopefully this will help anyone in the future (as I have in the past already hehe)

"Ok. Delete the codes in the homelink then try this. (To delete, hold down the first and third buttons at the same time, hold for about 30-60 seconds till the light blinks really fast. Release and check if deleted if the light blinks at a slow but steady pace. That means there's nothing stored on that button)

Hold down the garage door button and the homelink button u want programmed. Once the light changes from a slow blinking light to a rapid blinking light, release both buttons. Then go to the garage door openner and (this is different for all garage door openners) push the "learn" button ONCE. Within 30 secs, press the same button u programmed 3 times, and it should work."

9+ years later & this thread is still helping peeps, at least it helped me. Bought a beater 300RX and HomeLink sequence not spelled out properly in OM.. Thanks a ton to OP and all forum members for the help. :)

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Has anyone programmed the HomeLink from a 2007 IS250 Lexus with a 2018 model LiftMaster Premium series 8355W (belt driven) garage opener? or know if they're compatible?  I just got the LiftMaster 8355W garage opener 5 days ago and been unable to program it with Homelink buttons in the 2007 IS250.  According to the HomeLink site, they provide instructions to program with LIftMaster so I assume this means it is compatible (?). Cleared all Homelink programming and tried all the steps to program opener following instructions from Owner's Manual, HomeLink web site, various tips given online..etc. The only step that doesn't seem to match with the instructions is that when I'm trying to sync remote with the desired Homelink button...I get the slow blinks while I'm holding both buttons down but it never gets to fast blinking, just does the slow blink until the light just stops blinking. I went ahead and continued with all the remaining steps including the learn button on the opener and going back to car to press the Homelink button. Tried all this multiple times and different ways but still no luck. Wondering if anyone has successfully programming with 2007 Lexus.  

Any info/help would be appreciated. 

On 12/5/2017 at 12:01 PM, 1stlink said:

9+ years later & this thread is still helping peeps, at least it helped me. Bought a beater 300RX and HomeLink sequence not spelled out properly in OM.. Thanks a ton to OP and all forum members for the help. :)

No prob. I still use this technique myself.