Bad Experience At Regency Lexus Service (vancouver, Bc)

bptrueno

Hi fellow Lexus owners,

I am a proud/happy owner of a 2007 Lexus GS350. It's a US model that I've purchased at Bellevue Lexus in Washington, and it resides with me in Vancouver, BC Canada since I've imported the car over to Canada. I also purchased a 7yr/10,000mile extended warranty that's fully covered both in US/Canada (stated clearly on the paper!).

Anyhow I've booked my car in for a 10K miles service at the nearest Lexus service center from my house in Vancouver - Regency Lexus Service - and I've booked the car in for service 2 weeks in advance with the request for a loaner vehicle. Well, when I went there on the day of the service, I was given this attitude by a man who appeared to be the service manager - this guy eavesdrops btw - he started right away by saying that my car is a US import, and that because I did not give his dealership the business at the time of the car purchase and etc... that I will not be entitled to getting the same service from Lexus Canada! Lexus Canada? And then added that I will definitely not be getting their "exclusive" loaner car that is only offered free of charge to the customers that purchased cars from them. For someone like me with a US imported Lexus, it'd be $65/day to get one if I wanted. Well, I said that's BS, and that this is NOT a Lexus Canada policy but their own dealer policy, and that regardless of US/or Canadian model, that the Lexus customer is a Lexus customer (as the Warranty policy from Lexus USA/Canada brings out), and they ultimately get the service business - either from the service fee that the customer pays or if it's a warranty work, Lexus Canada pays. What a bunch of BS.

So I've called up the next closest Lexus Service - North Vancouver Lexus by Jim Patterson, and sure enough, a helpful service rep. named Sam put all that BS out the door by saying in a courteous manner that they treat US import and Canadian domestic models the same with impartiality - even down to offering loaner vehicles. Well, with that I've taken my business there, and I will NEVER EVER go to Regency Lexus Service EVER. I'll definitely be letting everyone know that Regency Lexus Service should be avoided if they hadn't bought their cars from them and if they wanted to be treated fairly and professionally. I highly recommend Jim Patterson Lexus in North Vancouver if you need to go in for a service. You and your Lexus don't deserve what I went through.

That was a very foolish thing the service manager at that dealership did. He can do it, they don't have to offer loaner cars for anything but warranty work, but it was stupid.

I would write the General manager of that dealer the same thing you told us here and let him know how this individual made you feel at his dealership and how the service manager at the other dealership helped you and earned your business.

• 1 month later...
That was a very foolish thing the service manager at that dealership did. He can do it, they don't have to offer loaner cars for anything but warranty work, but it was stupid.

I would write the General manager of that dealer the same thing you told us here and let him know how this individual made you feel at his dealership and how the service manager at the other dealership helped you and earned your business.

WOW, thats sucks.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Anyone got info on the Sales team?>?

Eric

• 4 years later...

http://m.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7718513#post7718513

My negative regency Lexus story. Purchased a car from them. Start km odo irregularities. Get treated poorly, broken promises etc. When I bring the irregularities up. Gm is complicit with sales in this. Read the link. Prior to me questioning the irregularities they were nice

• 3 months later...

Sad as it is, there are good and bad dealerships, Lexus of Roseville Ca is the bad, even though it is owned by Lexus of Sacramento which had always treated me well...Cant figure it considering they are supposed to be a class act.