Is250 2008 Remote Starter

Hi, I just bought the IS250 2008 fews months ago and now want to hock up the remote starter for it but just wonderring any1 in here had install the remote starter for it yet ??? any problems with it cuz the car had keyless key ???? please give me some advice .... thank you!!

Have you looked into this yet? I mean talked to the installers? I don't think you can with this car. I haven't really looked into it yet, but the keyless start has some security features that would have to be overridden, like the foot being on the brake pedal to allow the start function, along with the perimeter sensor needing the key fob to ok the ignition, and so on. And I know anything can be done with enouph money, but then, why would you want to spend all that money for installation and blow the warrentee and lose your security system, just to have remote start? Seems like alot of sacrifice for that.

I know how cold it is there. I would ask your local dealer about block heaters, or perhaps the coolant recirculating system on the Prius. As mentioned here

Engine heating blocks and other methods

If your car is in a garage, you would not want it warming up even with the door open.

Here's the block heater I found in the Lexus of Edmonton web site:

Block Heaterº $140.00**

Custom designed for your Lexus providing 400 watts of heating power.

Provides easy cold weather starts reducing engine wear.

Provides faster interior warm-up.

Includes a 'strain relief' electrical cord.

I know how cold it is there. I would ask your local dealer about block heaters, or perhaps the coolant recirculating system on the Prius. As mentioned here

Engine heating blocks and other methods

If your car is in a garage, you would not want it warming up even with the door open.

Here's the block heater I found in the Lexus of Edmonton web site:

Block Heaterº $140.00**

Custom designed for your Lexus providing 400 watts of heating power.

Provides easy cold weather starts reducing engine wear.

Provides faster interior warm-up.

Includes a 'strain relief' electrical cord.

He knows about block heaters.ALL cars come with them up here.What he wants to know is about a remote starter.As do I.

the biggest issue here isn't installing the remote starter. The issue is once someone breaks into the car, all they have to do is push the button and start the car. There's no key requirement to stop them at that point, and in order to have the remote starter, you would have to have the security functions overridden.

Hi, I just bought the IS250 2008 fews months ago and now want to hock up the remote starter for it but just wonderring any1 in here had install the remote starter for it yet ??? any problems with it cuz the car had keyless key ???? please give me some advice .... thank you!!

My son and a friend install remote starts, and other audio/video equipment, for a living. I have a 2006 IS250. They have a site they go to for information about different vehicles. I believe it is Direct Tech. I am not 100% sure. They showed me the other day where someone finally figured out how to make a viper remote start/alarm work on the IS250. There were many pictures posted. They were trying to talk me in to letting them do this to my car. I have no doubt they could do it. But I decided against it. There is a great deal of work that needs to be done and I don't want my car torn apart for that one feature. The installation in my Ford Ranger took only an hour or two. The IS250 would take many hours (I guess about 6 to 10 hours).

Food for thought.

Normandg

Haven't put one on my IS350 yet but I have a Camry Hybrid which uses the same smart key system and it was surprisingly easy, I used the DEI XK05 module for the key bypass (haven't checked to see about IS compatibility) and pressing on the brake still shuts the vehicle off, plus the steering wheel lock is still on during remote start operation so it is completely secure. Also it should be noted as long as the remote start is properly installed it voids no manufacturer warranty. It may be a little more expensive to do a vehicle with a smart key, but it is very possible. Look at the Python 872p (made by the same company as Viper units), it's a nice 2-way alarm remote start that has very factory looking remotes.

• 2 months later...
Hey guys. Is it possible to add remote start to my 2008 IS250? Car sits out in the winter, and it's a damn cold ride to work at 5:30 a.m. in the winter in Illinois.

OK, I searched, and discovered it may not work with the keyless go. So, how do the block heaters work?

You can also use the heated seats. They are a boon on cold winter mornings!

My heated seats have never been very warm, compared to other cars we've owned. And that's both IS's I've had.

I would agree. I have had Audi, MB and Lexus in the last 5 years, and Lexus heated seats don't get as warm.

• 2 weeks later...

My heated seats have never been very warm, compared to other cars we've owned. And that's both IS's I've had.

ReallY? Anything higher than 3 and my butt burns!

Remote starters CAN be installed in IS250's, I have personally put in over 100 of them, and I can do so WITHOUT you loosing a key

How? Do I need an extra Key? or you will use the same smart key? I.E. pushing the unlock buttom 3 timeS?

ReallY? Anything higher than 3 and my butt burns!

Remote starters CAN be installed in IS250's, I have personally put in over 100 of them, and I can do so WITHOUT you loosing a key

• 1 month later...