Replacing '04 Gs300 Headlights

My auxiliary front lightbulb went out. It's not the main HID bulb, but the small regular auxiliary bulb on the bottom of the light assembly. Access to the bulb is tough, I can't even see one. The bulb above it has two small phillips screws, but very little room.

Does anyone know how to replace a bulb in the inner light assembly? Or where I can get instructions on how to change out bulbs?

Thanks

Zion313

My auxiliary front lightbulb went out. It's not the main HID bulb, but the small regular auxiliary bulb on the bottom of the light assembly. Access to the bulb is tough, I can't even see one. The bulb above it has two small phillips screws, but very little room.

Does anyone know how to replace a bulb in the inner light assembly? Or where I can get instructions on how to change out bulbs?

Thanks

Zion313

what do u mean aux front light bulb? theres your main headlights then the day time running lamps/highbeams?

If you're talking about the daytime running lamp bulb. You just have to get someone with little monkey hands to get down there and twist the bulb holder counter clockwise 1/4 turn then pull out. Bulb then comes straight out. It's a little guy you can get at any parts store.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Zion313

what do u mean aux front light bulb? theres your main headlights then the day time running lamps/highbeams?

Yes, I think it's the aux front light bulb. With the hood open, looking down at the back of the light assembly, it's the bulb on the bottom, the one that can't be really seen. My daytime running lights are fine.

Do I just need someone with small hands to twist off the bulb?

I don't see why. I have rather large hands and I never had a problem changing mine. Pay attention to the area. I think I burnt myself one time...

Ohh and for future reference, I think those lights are referred to as "driving lights" or "city lights". They come on with the low beams/HIDs right?

here check out this post and i should tell you the lights your referring to.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377696

brian

I believe you might be referring to the "accent lights." They are the tiny bulbs underneath the DRL's (within the same housing). If you want to replace those you do not need any tools at all. Simply twist the connector to the unlock position and pull out of the housing. They are wedge-style bulbs. I used LED's because they last like 10X's longer. GL...hope this helps!