Passenger Window Stuck Down

decypher

When I first got my 95 SC300 I immediately noticed the passenger window would roll up and down very sluggishly. It would get the job done, but it seemed to struggle a lot.

One beautiful day four months ago I picked up a friend who rolled down the passenger window, hours thereafter we discovered the damn thing wouldn't roll back up. I slept on the problem trying to figure out what I would do to solve it. I awoke and went to school 9:30, and at 10:30 in between my next class I checked on the window because I'm OCD like that and it magically but very sluggishly rolled up.

I told my buddy who is a pretty good car guy about my experience and he mentioned something about a temporary breaker or fuse which can break temporarily disabling the window, but then can refuse when it's "safe." I don't know what he's talking about or if that is related to my experience or not, just wanted to throw that out there. After it rolled back up I put on the passenger window lock to ensure any unfortunate events. I wasn't smart enough to get it replaced then!

Two days ago, I pick up another friend for adventures and he promptly disengages the passenger window lock while I'm in the trunk putting in a CD he requested and rolls down the passenger window. That *BLEEP*!!!!!! I kept my cool but explained the window is likely to not roll up again for a few days. Of course I couldn't blame him, you ride in a car that nice and you just expect the components to be operational.

Yesterday my brother and I removed the passenger door panel and realized you could hear a faint humming when you engaged the passenger window switch up. Which to me sounds like the motor is getting electricity, yet the window still doesn't work. My brother thinks its the window motor, however.

Should I just replace the window motor and regulator? It is 13 years old after all. Is there a Toyota or Lexus model from that year which used the same window motor and regulator? From which car should I try and find a window motor and regulator? I need to know what would be compatible.

Any help or advice anyone can give on this situation is greatly appreciated.

I hope you all are doing well and that your cars are running smoothly. :)

i'd say replace the motor... doesn't sound like the regulators the prob. but if you can find where to get one without involvin the dealer then let me know please

Does anyone know if the window motor from a SC400 of the same year would work in my SC300?

It should work, but why? I only ask because the replacement Window motor regulator (New) aren't that much; maybe $150 tops. just buy the part and install it. Just make sure someone in your family has thin arms because it's a pain to install it. Also ask the Lexus dealer how much to install it. it shouldn't be more than an 1hr, about $300 tops installed, car washed and vacuumed.

It should work, but why? I only ask because the replacement Window motor regulator (New) aren't that much; maybe $150 tops. just buy the part and install it. Just make sure someone in your family has thin arms because it's a pain to install it. Also ask the Lexus dealer how much to install it. it shouldn't be more than an 1hr, about $300 tops installed, car washed and vacuumed.

UCF# would you know where to buy a new regulator?? besides the dealer?? or is $150 from dealer??

UCF# would you know where to buy a new regulator?? besides the dealer?? or is $150 from dealer??

Mine was from the dealer, but that was almost 8 years ago. you can also try Keystone, and Carparts.com(call them). I've had good experiences with them. Wow, i guess the parts have gone up in price, $200s.

What year's your SC?

Turns out the problem was the Driver and Passenger side switches, which run $200 and $175 respectively. Plus my car was showing error 71 I believe. The ERG valve was malfunctioning , no doubt affecting my MPG. He quoted me at $675 for parts and labor, does that seem fair to you all?

I believe so. I paid a little bit over $500 for the job with my Toyota tech, and paid $150 in parts, new EGR sensor, and the labour to clean out the sute from pipes. dealer or someone else?

How much was the Window Control Switch by itself?

I believe so. I paid a little bit over $500 for the job with my Toyota tech, and paid $150 in parts, new EGR sensor, and the labour to clean out the sute from pipes. dealer or someone else?

How much was the Window Control Switch by itself?

It is not the dealership, closest one is Fresno I believe. I am on the central coast. I went to a local import auto place and they said both passenger and driver side switches needed to be replaced. Driver side is like $230 he said, and the passenger one is like $170 or so.

That's kind of unusual. I haven't come across an instance when both switches weren't working.

Don't know the interior colour of your SC but try this link out

Ebay-Part and try to eliminate that switch, the window motor regulator and the window itself.

I still think it;s the Window motor regulator.

That's kind of unusual. I haven't come across an instance when both switches weren't working.

Don't know the interior colour of your SC but try this link out

Ebay-Part and try to eliminate that switch, the window motor regulator and the window itself.

I still think it;s the Window motor regulator.

The car was made in 94, btw. You asked earlier and I just caught it. It is weird they would want to replace both when the driver side controls work well. I'm going to try and get a second opinion today from the toyota dealership, that is if they work on lexus.

As for the eBay part, I have a tan interior so that one doesn't match. I do believe you're right on the regulator, as I can't see a control switch making the window sluggish.