Can I Track My Car With The Gps?

I don't understand your question. If you have a Nav system, you are tracking your car with it. Your the little red dot in the middle of the screen. It's tracking your position as you move.

i meant if it gets stolen

I dont think you can physically steal the IS x50 (unless someone tows it) ... if someone breaks into the IS, the engine immobilzer activates, meaning your car engine shuts down ... hence rendering it useless. Am I correct in my understanding?

I dont think you can physically steal the IS x50 (unless someone tows it) ... if someone breaks into the IS, the engine immobilzer activates, meaning your car engine shuts down ... hence rendering it useless. Am I correct in my understanding?

Somewhat simpler would be if someone stole your key fob.

In which case the in-car nav system is still no help to anyone but the guy who stole it.

Any car can be stolen if an experienced theif wants it.

Any car can be stolen if an experienced theif wants it.

I had the early warning lo jack installed only $650, now if the car moves more than 10 yards, they call me,send emails, call the house phone, next of kin gets notified. I took it for warranty work and forgot to leave the lo jack receiver(a small device that I have attached to the key ring) I got notified almost the second I left the dealer ship. So If it gets towed I will get notified immediately.. An extremely great investment that was very affordable.

I'm curious, I have not read it anywhere. What happens if someone drives off with your car and you have the FOB in your pocket?

Does the car keep running until it's turned off, then of course it's to late.

Or does it shut down after a while.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of anticarjack built into the car.

Has anybody tried this?

I'm curious, I have not read it anywhere. What happens if someone drives off with your car and you have the FOB in your pocket?

Does the car keep running until it's turned off, then of course it's to late.

Or does it shut down after a while.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of anticarjack built into the car.

Has anybody tried this?

Keeps running until they shut it off... otherwise the real owner would be screwed if the battery ever died in the fob

i called lexus from my cell phone to ask how to something to simple for me to want to admit on this message board and they knew exactly where i was, almost like onstar, but you had to call the 800 number... couldnt it be tracked that way?

i called lexus from my cell phone to ask how to something to simple for me to want to admit on this message board and they knew exactly where i was, almost like onstar, but you had to call the 800 number... couldnt it be tracked that way?

say what now?

• 1 month later...

YEs Lexus can track your car for you just like onstar can... they won't admit it and probably won't tell you they can, but they have the full info if they "want" to see it.

Can you provide any facts to this statement? :huh:

It is a known fact, do you want something in writing notarized from lexus? lol cause that's not going to happen.

As you probably suspect, these are the type of things that people will not openly talk about... but yes it's true. It's also true for most GM vehicle's as well.

YEs Lexus can track your car for you just like onstar can... they won't admit it and probably won't tell you they can, but they have the full info if they "want" to see it.

Can you provide any facts to this statement? :huh:

It is a known fact, do you want something in writing notarized from lexus? lol cause that's not going to happen.

As you probably suspect, these are the type of things that people will not openly talk about... but yes it's true. It's also true for most GM vehicle's as well.

Just exactly how does this work? We are aware that there are "black boxes" with event recorders on board and diagnostic info on board, but what kind of locator is there and how to they track it?

what?! :huh:

what?! :huh:

Can you post the number you called ? Then we can call it to find out for ourselves as well? I've never heard of this, but anything is possible.

• 8 years later...

can you post the number or tell me how to get my car track.. I was drove my car. I was sick at the time didn't know it ran out of gas( no pursue , phone) I walked . they took me to hospital. I couldn't remember anything. I am out now. I went to where I thought my car was and it is not there. but Lexus said they can not track it. and yes I told the Police

• 5 years later...
On 8/31/2008 at 9:37 AM, bartkat said:

Just exactly how does this work? We are aware that there are "black boxes" with event recorders on board and diagnostic info on board, but what kind of locator is there and how to they track it?

It’s called a Homing Device. To track and recover your vehicle.  

“A Tracking Device, also referred to as a Homing Device, has the capability to track and recover your vehicle and automatically contacts a response center. Some examples of acceptable devices include, but not limited to:

• Vehicle manufacturer specific: OnStar, Visteon, BMW Assist, Toyo Guard, Tele Aid, Lexus Link.
  • LoJack, OnGuard, Forcetracker, CAReader, and Mobile Guardian.”