The Continuing Vsc/trac Off Light Saga...

smyrnagc

Check Engine light and VSC/ Trac off issue

from the owners manual I first found that the gas cap was the root problem.

From this forum I found that the VSC and Trac lights could be reset with a jumper on the OBDport, or disconnect Battery

BUT my motto is IF A COMPUTER can do the job why use a simple jumper :geek: .

I already own an ODB port to USB converter - about $20

Download free diagnostic control software - may choices are available, I use easyOBDII.com which is free

With this cool setup you have the laptop in the car, and not only can you reset all the problem codes, but get a whole ton of other information, including running engine real time parameters.

Have fun

Does the Software you mentioned resets the VSC light? Or does it read the trouble code related to VSC? I Own a OBDII tool and did reset the CEL after I changed the O2 sensor. The problem is the VSC that I could not reset even after following Toyotas Procezude for Zero Point Calibration

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

2004 GS430 with the VSC/VSC Off/Check engine lights on.........just started this morning. Tightened the gas cap, nothing yet. Maybe I should give it a few days? Took it to AutoZone, ran the codes and I was told that a few of the valves are mis-firing and that I'm in need of a "tune up". This sound right to anyone? Considering doing the reset with the paperclip.........anyone know what "pins" I would use for my make/model? thanks so much!

No other symptoms really. I just took my car to a shop for a state inspection on Friday so I'm not sure if they did anything that would throw the code. They check things like brakes, tires, etc. Lexi seems to be running okay to me. I can try to disconnect the battery I guess or the good ole paper clip trick. :geek:

• 1 year later...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  You guys are the best!  I love reading the posts and suggested fixes.  As a female, I feel empowered by coming to this forum. I appreciate the help because the dealers and unreputable mechanics can give bad information.