19 replies to this topic

#1 Nodgob

Nodgob

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Model: 1999 Lexus RX 300

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:33 AM

VSC Light & engine lite came on for no apparent reason. Live in Raleigh, NC. Is this an immediate safety issue? Is this a common problem? Is this a warranty issue for 16,500 miles? Otherwise is this only correctable at the dealer?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SouthamptonLexus

SouthamptonLexus

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Model: None

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:32 PM

VSC Light & engine lite came on for no apparent reason. Live in Raleigh, NC. Is this an immediate safety issue? Is this a common problem? Is this a warranty issue for 16,500 miles? Otherwise is this only correctable at the dealer?

Take it in. They will check the code and go from there. Evap or a/f sensor codes are the most common. Since you have 16.5 k on it. It will be covered under warranty.

#3 Lexus_RX350

Lexus_RX350

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Model: RX 350

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

RX350 2007, VSC and Engine lights, codes: P0138 and P2195, Bank1 sensor 1 and sensor 2 failure.
Schedule to Lexus shop tomorrow (1/7/09). As per my mechanic these are under warranty.

#4 Lexus_RX350

Lexus_RX350

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Model: RX 350

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:23 AM

VSC and Engine llight on, still under warranty. No charge.

#5 rlpiv

rlpiv

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Model: RX350

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

'07 Rx350: I've had the same problem ... the first time I had my Lexus dealer tell me to tighten the gas cap ... I did and the problem was resolve, even though it takes a few tanks for the light(s) to go out. Since I don't like to 'overtighten' anything, it's happened a couple of times since and retightening the gas cap and 'enduring' a few tanks of gas ... and the LIGHTS GO OUT.

Ron Pierson

#6 Dick_Lake_Tahoe_NV

Dick_Lake_Tahoe_NV

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

When the "Check Engine" light comes on, it often causes panic--"Ohmygod my engine is about to quit--or something worse". It's not that the Engine is going to quit, it's some malfuntion in the emission control system. If the problem happens only once (say a spark-plug missfires), then after about 3-cycles of starting and driving the car, the light will go out automatically, as it did when the gas-cap was tightened correctly.

So before you panic, just drive the car for a little while and see if the light goes out--if not then get it diagnosed. Nothing critical will happen in the meantime.

#7 Benny1997

Benny1997

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

I had a similar issue with my 2007 RX350 with 59,900 miles on it. THe Check Engine light and the VSC light. The Lexus dealer said it had code P2195 and I needed to replace an A/F sensor. Since I was above 50,000 miles, he said it was not covered by warranty and would cost around $500 to replace. He said that as a goodwill gesture they'd split the cost with me. When I picked it up I was charged $250 for labor, plus about $37 for Hazd./Shop charges. They also had me sign a 2nd invoice so they could recoup about $220 from Lexus.

As I look back at it, I'm wondering if the charges were appropriate.

#8 Georgean78

Georgean78

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

I had a similar issue with my 2007 RX350 with 59,900 miles on it. THe Check Engine light and the VSC light. The Lexus dealer said it had code P2195 and I needed to replace an A/F sensor. Since I was above 50,000 miles, he said it was not covered by warranty and would cost around $500 to replace. He said that as a goodwill gesture they'd split the cost with me. When I picked it up I was charged $250 for labor, plus about $37 for Hazd./Shop charges. They also had me sign a 2nd invoice so they could recoup about $220 from Lexus.

As I look back at it, I'm wondering if the charges were appropriate.

I literally just had this happen to me and why I became a mbr of the site. My 2007 RX350 has a little under 30,000 miles on it and all of sudden the VSC and check engine light came on. I scheduled service and then did a search online.

I kid you not, I opened the gas cap and then put it back on until I heard a couple clicks,,,,the lights went right off. So check this first and thank for all the good info!

#9 dpatk4

dpatk4

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:48 PM

'07 Rx350: I've had the same problem ... the first time I had my Lexus dealer tell me to tighten the gas cap ... I did and the problem was resolve, even though it takes a few tanks for the light(s) to go out. Since I don't like to 'overtighten' anything, it's happened a couple of times since and retightening the gas cap and 'enduring' a few tanks of gas ... and the LIGHTS GO OUT.

Ron Pierson

I have a 07 RX 350 went to get gas forgotten to tighten the cap and the lites came on is it ok to drive it like this?
Pam

#10 jgr7

jgr7

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • First Name:Jeff
  • Model: IS350C
  • Year: 2012

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

Yes, just tighten the gas cap and drive it, the light should go out after a short period of time.
Jeff

#11 RMB350

RMB350

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Model: 2007 RX350

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:35 AM

Did you recently have an oil change or any other service work done?? On my Highlander, when the air box lid is removed to check the filter, a vacuum hose pulls out. Within a day, the lights come on. Plug the hose back in and the lights will go off within a few days.

I make sure that I check this hose every time it's serviced for anything..

It's worth a shot to check it out. Just peek around the air box with a flashlight and look for a loose hose.

I'll bet you find one..

#12 dpatk4

dpatk4

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

Yes, just tighten the gas cap and drive it, the light should go out after a short period of time.
Jeff

I am afraid to drive with it like this my appointment is for tomorrow ,it better not be a lot of money, it only has 54000 that is nothing.Would not buy another Lexus! And what is a short period of time?

#13 dpatk4

dpatk4

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

Did you recently have an oil change or any other service work done?? On my Highlander, when the air box lid is removed to check the filter, a vacuum hose pulls out. Within a day, the lights come on. Plug the hose back in and the lights will go off within a few days.

I make sure that I check this hose every time it's serviced for anything..

It's worth a shot to check it out. Just peek around the air box with a flashlight and look for a loose hose.

I'll bet you find one..

I took my lexus where I bought it to get a oil change and they stripped my threads on my oil pan,I had to replace the oil pan and they did a oil change then, that was July it was about 5to6weeks ago .Did your car run ok with the lites on?

#14 dpatk4

dpatk4

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

Jeff

I drove it today and the lites went out for about 25 mins and came back on taking it in tomorrow sick of this problem!

#15 dpatk4

dpatk4

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

Jeff

I drove it today and the lites went out for about 25 mins and came back on taking it in tomorrow sick of this problem!

I took it in and they said it was the coil it was driving BAD! They paid half of the bill I thought that was good. If anybody has had this problem please let me know your story.And what is a coil?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have