Remove Rear Seat Rx 400 H

How do I remove the rear seat or at least lift them up? I want to find a earing that dropped between the seats.

Thanks,

Lenny

Lenny. I just took a look at my rear seats and do not see an obvious way to remove them, probably because they house the drive batteries which are best left untouched by human hands. It does look like there is considerable access below the seats from both the front and rear, particularly if you move them forward and backward.

If you have access to any reaching tools, magnetic or mechanic, they also might help.

Tom

I have a mechancial "Claw" but it was behind the hinge. After several minutes of trying it fell between the carpet and hinge down probably into the battery compartment.

I don't see an easy way to "Pop" the back seat up.

Lenny

Hope it was your wife's earring. If not, just leave it there and hope she never finds it.

I was wondering when someone would bring that up!!! No it is my daughters earing. My wife was the one that knocked it further down.

lenny

Leave it there and when you sell the car just use it as an extra? eg It has electric windows, moon roof, bla bla bla and a gold earing under the rear seat :lol:

Seriously now forget about it and go to your local Lexus since as Gryphon said this is where the batteries are located and it is better if you don't get any near to them!!! Car batteries have tremendous current capabilities, and a short circuit can produce a huge, white-hot electric arc. It's hot enough to melt steel and inflict severe burns, and to set the car on fire. And this is for normal car batteries imagine RX's hybrid system batteries which are huge compare to the normal ones!