Check Engine Light P0155.where Is Sensor Located?

HELLO...

I HAVE A 1998 LEXUS GS300 (126Kmi) WITH A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, I CLEARED THE CODE AND IT CAME BACK, IM GETTING: P0155 HEATED OXYGEN SENSOR CIRCUIT BANK 2 SENSOR 1. I WOULD LIKE TO TRY AND REPAIR THIS MYSELF. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE IN THE CAR THIS O2 SENSOR IS LOCATED SO THAT I CAN GET TO IT? AND IS THERE ANYTING ELSE THAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED ALONG WITH THIS SENSOR??

PLEASE HELP....

mine is on my header on my 430 i think if not look right before your cat or right after it.......i think its on the header on your car too though........do u know which one is bad? u have 2! they can be tested though

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

HELLO...

I HAVE A 1998 LEXUS GS300 (126Kmi) WITH A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, I CLEARED THE CODE AND IT CAME BACK, IM GETTING: P0155 HEATED OXYGEN SENSOR CIRCUIT BANK 2 SENSOR 1. I WOULD LIKE TO TRY AND REPAIR THIS MYSELF. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE IN THE CAR THIS O2 SENSOR IS LOCATED SO THAT I CAN GET TO IT? AND IS THERE ANYTING ELSE THAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED ALONG WITH THIS SENSOR??

PLEASE HELP....

My 99 GS300 Just turned 100K with the same symptom. I'm going on a trip to check the gas mileage...it appears the dealer doesnt change these things with scheduled maintenence as I reviewed 9 years of expensive maintenence bills and do not see a thing. Mine has two........ both visable from under hood on right side....one in front of the header cat and one behind. Ibelieve it is DENSO (Toyota) Part Number 234-4209.....$44.99 ea at oxygensensor4less.com My friendly lexus dealers want $129 or more which is typical for them.

The third one further back goes into the large cat just under the front door jam...haven't researched the part number of thi one yet, however it appears the same.. mine are four wire sensors (they preheat)...... one & two wire models will work but not till the exhaust heats up to 600 degrees.

Also visit www.autotap.com/OXYGENSENSORSppc_oxygen_sensors.html

Good Luck...let us know how you make out.

Jim in Kalamazoo

HELLO...

PLEASE HELP....

My 99 GS300 Just turned 100K with the same symptom. I'm going on a trip to check the gas mileage...it appears the dealer doesnt change these things with scheduled maintenence as I reviewed 9 years of expensive maintenence bills and do not see a thing. Mine has two........ both visable from under hood on right side....one in front of the header cat and one behind. Ibelieve it is DENSO (Toyota) Part Number 234-4209.....$44.99 ea at oxygensensor4less.com My friendly lexus dealers want $129 or more which is typical for them.

The third one further back goes into the large cat just under the front door jam...haven't researched the part number of thi one yet, however it appears the same.. mine are four wire sensors (they preheat)...... one & two wire models will work but not till the exhaust heats up to 600 degrees.

Also visit www.autotap.com/OXYGENSENSORSppc_oxygen_sensors.html

Good Luck...let us know how you make out.

Jim in Kalamazoo

-ok i will check/test both sensors on the header, dealer parts guy said it's the on in the back, will test to see. Dealer wants $163 for sensor. Will try the web site you guys provided, will leave feed back, thank you all for your help..

STILL LOOKING, STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHICH SENSOR IS BANK 2 SENSOR 1. IT'S A PAIN IN DA #%%$!!!. KEEP GETTING CONFLICTING REPORTS FROM AUTO PART DEALERS AS TO WHICH IS WHICH. TRIED TESTING THEM, THE 3 OXYGEN SENSORS UNDER THE HOOD ON PASSENGER RIGHT SIDE. IF YOU TAKE A VOLTAGE METER AND MEASURE THE 2 PINS FOR THE 2 BLACK WIRES, YOU SHOULD GET AROUND 14 OHMS RESISTANCE, OR IF U SWITCH YOUR METER TO CONTINUITY U SHOULD GET A LONG BEEEEP ACCROSS THE 2 BLACK WIRE PINS. IF MY TESTING IS CORRECT THE 2 SENSORS (1 FRONT OF CAR & 2nd LOWER MIDDLE) ARE GOOD & THE 3rd AT THE BACK CLOSE TO THE FIRE WALL IS BAD ( NO CONTINUITY, OR RESISTANCE). TOMMOROW I WILL GET THE CHECK ENGINE READ AGAIN TO CONFIRM IT IS STILL P0155. THEN IF THE SAME I MAY HAVE TO SUCK IT UP, GOTO THE DEALER AND PAY THE OUTRAGIOUS $183 PRICE TAG FOR THE CORRECT OXYGEN SENSOR.(COMPARE WITH (www.rockautoparts.com $77)

post-74163-1214620008_thumb.jpg