02 Gs300 Auto Door Lock Won't

2002 GS300

Right Rear door lock won't function at all with automatic locking functions. Works manually only.

Faulty lock? Disconnected wire? I don't think there would be a separate fuse for each door . . . .

Any suggestions as to were to look?

How much trouble is it to remove/replace the door panel?

the search function is pitiful. I tried "door lock not working" and "door lock not functioning" and they return an error because the word "not" is not more than 4 letters. The only thing I can get to return a search is "door lock", and I get a million unrelated topics.

2002 GS300

Right Rear door lock won't function at all with automatic locking functions. Works manually only.

Faulty lock? Disconnected wire? I don't think there would be a separate fuse for each door . . . .

Any suggestions as to were to look?

How much trouble is it to remove/replace the door panel?

Door lock actuators go out. Common problem. You can either take it into the dealership or attempt to do it yourself.

Hello Folks. I'm new to this forum as I just purchased a Silver 2001 GS300 in March of this year. I've been reading this forum since then and think it's great. I've gotten lots of good info, although some of it such as many of the "hidden" features are contained in the owners manual.

I've paid special attention to the forums and DIY's regarding the door actuator problem since the only defect in my 2001 was a defective power lock on the rear passenger side. I've since bought a replacement actuator online ($200) and replaced it myself. If anyone is reluctant to tackle this job all I can say is that it pretty easy and can be accomplished by even the most novice do-it-yourselfer. It took me about an hour or so only because I had a problem removing the old unit once it was disconnected. I found that it was hanging up on the "child lock" lever so I just snapped that off since I wouldn't be re-using the old unit. After that it came out easy and installing the new unit was a cinch. I would say if I had to do this again I could accomplish the complete job in about 30 mins. Of course this was a rear unit and the front unit, especially the drivers side, would be a little more complicated with the additional hardware and wiring. Just a note I did not have to remove the window and completed the replacement with the window completely up.

I really like my GS300 and I'm pleased and proud to be a Lexus owner. It's an excellent car and a great mixure of sport and luxury, with Toyota realiabilty to boot. I have just two small complaints, a ski pass through would be great and why can't Lexus find a place for a sunglass holder!

• 2 weeks later...

hey justa odd bit of info from me! about a month ago before i was leaving to go to nashvegas.......i took my car through a power car wash (i know, i know dont start) and i went to work......i got off at 11 pm and went home to load the bags in the car as i was leaving at 6 am. well on the way home, my rear windows, passenger window,sunroof (i think on this one) didnt work, key would beep to lock them but nothing would lock and unlock wouldnt work either , i didnt even think to check the trunk button! literally only thing i did differently was take it through that wash so i figured i had a leakand i musta blown a fuse! i checfked underhood and all my fuses were fine and then started checking the fuses by the drivers left foot (OMFG what smart person put this there? if you have ever had to check fuses get a fuse checker where u dont have to pull them, its cramped down there and uncomfortable and i ended up dropping 2 of the fuses as the inside has no puller oh and wtf the fuse box underhood or in there doesnt come with a 15amp micro fuse it comes witha 5 and a 10 and a blank unlabled place but no 15 was included) so i get home after realizing noone was open within 30 mins of me and have pulled a spare fuse from my tranny or ecu to check it i dropped it (no way to recover it from this area) so i had a check engine lgfht and the car wouldnt shift into gear so i had to take my old es to the car place at 12:40 am, anyways got home replaced the fuses and it was all fine! well i had a theory and i tried it again..........took the car to the car wash and it was fine! well this mornign asgain i took the car to thwe car wash and this time after i washed the car i cracked all windows and tilted sunroof as i didnt have to be at work for almost 6 hours! i got up to go to work and bam they wouldnt work again EXCEPT the drivers one........but on my way home from work they all worked fine........... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY CLUE WHATS GOING ON WITH MINE?

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

• 2 weeks later...

HELP ME FIND THE DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR REPLACEMENT DIY THREAD!!!!

I know I've seen it somewhere. Some guy has pictures and everything. Got my acutator today and need to put it in but I'm having trouble finding the thread again.

did u try the search? im sure u did but jw, most the time the search doesnt help but sometimes it does.

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

• 5 months later...