Oil Change Tomorrow. What Weight Should I Use?

ED.

I just did the oil in my 7 and went 5W-30. Will that suit for the Lex as well?

TIA,

Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W-30 winter and 10W-30 summer as long as engine isn't burning any oil. I have always added a pint of Marvel Mystery Oil at each oil change to try to keep head deposits down. 6-7.5K change intervals always with new Oil Filter (Factory) depending on how milage was accumulated during the period and the season.

What is the rationale for using 10/30 instead of 5/30? Is that for a car that may seep a bit at seals, so a slightly thicker oil won't leak as much? I assume either weight, especially if synthetic, would handle any hot summer driving.....

What is the rationale for using 10/30 instead of 5/30? Is that for a car that may seep a bit at seals, so a slightly thicker oil won't leak as much? I assume either weight, especially if synthetic, would handle any hot summer driving.....

10/30 is more recommended for higher miles and warmer climates.. viscosity is a bit thicker... really not much of a dif.

10/30 is more recommended for higher miles and warmer climates.. viscosity is a bit thicker... really not much of a dif.

Is this due to the expectation that seals may be deteriorated, or that there may be wear, or strictly due to a warmer environment? I just moved to Phoenix and need to change the oil. My LS is a '99, but only has 60K miles, so certainly not the typical wear you would expect for a '99. I was planning to use 5-30 as I have in the past, especially since it should be good for slightly better mileage. But, if there is good reason to go with 10-30, I already have that around for another car.

5W-30 full synthetic: that is what I am going to use for my 1999 Lexus LS400.

Question: Can I use oil filter from Mobil for my next oil change?

I have been use OEM filter from dealer but now I have 2 oil filters from Mobil and I don't want to waste them.

Thank

Is this due to the expectation that seals may be deteriorated, or that there may be wear, or strictly due to a warmer environment? I just moved to Phoenix and need to change the oil. My LS is a '99, but only has 60K miles, so certainly not the typical wear you would expect for a '99. I was planning to use 5-30 as I have in the past, especially since it should be good for slightly better mileage. But, if there is good reason to go with 10-30, I already have that around for another car.

Apart from seal issues, If you are going to be residing in AZ, I would certainly go with 10/30... thicker viscosity given the fact that you are going to see some seriously high temps...