Dragon Torque Converter

Don't waste your money and time. the Dragon tc makes a bunch of noise your not going to be happy with. You would be way better off sending your stock tc in and having it modified. Or just buying a locked stock tc. You can find them set up for a 3k stall speed and locked for around 4-500 bucks.

Smooth my boy I gotta disagree... I've been riding around with my Dragon Torque converter for 4 years now and it makes no noise, and operates just perfect... I can't say one thing bad about the Precision Industries Dragon Torque converter....Well maybe the price is a little much...

You can basically get the same product for half the price at Lextreme.com... They take your stock torque converter and recalibrate it for you for around $400...

Smooth my boy I gotta disagree... I've been riding around with my Dragon Torque converter for 4 years now and it makes no noise, and operates just perfect... I can't say one thing bad about the Precision Industries Dragon Torque converter....Well maybe the price is a little much...

You can basically get the same product for half the price at Lextreme.com... They take your stock torque converter and recalibrate it for you for around $400...

I guess it's a love it or hate it on the Dragon tc, just like on most other things. But even as you pointed out, you can have your stock tc or even buy a locked stock tc for half the price.

You're not getting any clanging noise in neutral? But I know you Jibby, if you say it's a good tc, then it's a good tc. I just have a freind with a 2003 IS 300 and he has the Dragon tc on it. When he starts the car you can hear it.

Smooth, a torque converter is a torque converter no matter how you look at it.....As long as it is balanced and set at the same stall rate one should not feel different then another...

I do have a story to tell though and it wasn't all roses with the DTC...I ordered the Dragon torque converter and installed it and got vibration because it was not in balance.... I took it out and returned it as it may became unbalanced during shipping or just was not checked by the company..... Precision Industries took the TC shaker back and sent me another one free of charge...Installation twice was a pain though.....Now after 4 years of running on this one I experience no noies, no vibration, great lowend power and torque, and nothing bad to say about it...

Smooth, a torque converter is a torque converter no matter how you look at it.....As long as it is balanced and set at the same stall rate one should not feel different then another...

I do have a story to tell though and it wasn't all roses with the DTC...I ordered the Dragon torque converter and installed it and got vibration because it was not in balance.... I took it out and returned it as it may became unbalanced during shipping or just was not checked by the company..... Precision Industries took the TC shaker back and sent me another one free of charge...Installation twice was a pain though.....Now after 4 years of running on this one I experience no noies, no vibration, great lowend power and torque, and nothing bad to say about it...

Actually that's not altogether true. And I just figured out why yours isn't making any clanging noises. Your running the single disc tc. They also have a multi disc tc which I think is the IS 300 and Supra application. The SC 400 may use the single disc. But then the SC 300 would use the multi also.

Well smooth, if that's the case then I stand corrected...I thought we were talking about the 400 lexus's only...

I no nothing about the smaller torque converters that hook up with the IS300's..

It will actually cost $350 to get the recalibrated TC from Lextreme, then once you send in your old one, they credit your account $175. Just $175 for quick launches? Thanks please.

Based on Jibbby's advice, I went with a K&N filter that fits in the stock box. I did notice a bump in performance, but I'm sure it's not quite as free-flowing a conical filter without the box. Its MUCH cheaper &53) though and it wil only help.