Rear Light Failure Warning Light

Hi I have a 2000 Gs400 Platinum Edition with 120,334 miles,recently the Rear Light Failure Warning Light comes on and stays on but no rear lights are out.

Has anybody had this problem, if so what caused the problem? I am thinking that there mightbe a bulb about to burn out.

Thanks for Your time?

i know on my GS300 when my warning lights came on for the rear i had to change a couple of the brake light bulbs even though they seemed to be working fine.

only until i changed the rear bulbs did the warning lights go out.

good luck

i had a few bulbs that would come on and sometimes go out.........then i also didnt notice some of the small bulbs that are on the taillights and wrap around to the fender where out! trust me i thought mine was bad too i promise if that thing is on you have a bulb out........just look really careful sometime at night!

brian

seriously look hard........i had someone in the car tapping them and me and a buddy looked at them and all of a sudden we noticed one! its like those games my gf likes playing at the bar wasting my quarters on the touch screens........ photo hunt! just look and hopefully you'll find it was a bulb and nothing more.......hopefully

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

have the same problem on an '03 gs300. driving me nuts, i posted here too and everyone said look more closely for a burnt bulb but i can't figure it out. guess i'm gonna have to replace them all and see if it fixes it. can't figure out what the problem is tho

im not doubting u or anything but r u sure? cause i had a 3rd brake light burnt out (well it would turn off and turn back on sometimes) but i ALSO had a nighttime running light (if thats what they are called) that was burnt out. i replaced them at the same time so i couldn't be sure but i would figure it would tell you about ANY burnt out light!

brian

Recently had a dent fixed on the trunk of my GS 300. After picking up the car I started noticing the bulb warning light on the dash if the lights were on. After two return trips to the dealer it was discovered that the brake lights in the trunk deck were the problem. Since they were both lit when the lights were on everyone thought they were fine; however, the brake light portion of the bulbs were burnt out. Replacing the bulbs solved the problem. :)

• 3 years later...

I recently experience the same problem with my 99 gs 300. my tail light on both sides are lit, my high beam lamp was burn out but did not solve the issue after i replace it. I had my 8yr son press the brake while i watch & notice that one of my high brake light was out. the high brake lamp has (5) small bulb & one was blown which cause the warning light to keep coming on. Like another person said, if your warning light is on, you have a blown/loose bulb somewhere. Pay close attention, Best result at night.