'95 Es300 Ipod Connection

Alright, im trying to find a way to connect my ipod directly to the factory standard stereo in my 95 es300. I had been using a tape adaptor but the tape deck recently stopped working altogether so that option is out. I've tried FM transmitters as well and although they work, the sound quality is TERRIBLE and to my ears unacceptable. I had been getting by using the 6 disc cd changer in the trunk but that too recently decided to crap out and give me error messages when trying to load cd's. So im left with using an FM transmitter with my ipod but like i said the sound quality is terrible on these things and i would love to find a way around it.

I've been searching around for a way to hardwire my ipod to my stereo system with little success. There seems to be plenty of aux-in adaptors available for newer models of this car but nothing for the 95's or older. So i figured i'd try posting to see if anyone else has had success in finding a way to hardwire their ipod in a 95 es300. Im not looking for anything fancy (ie text display and/or control through stereo head), all i want is a direct connection from my ipod output into my stereo.

Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

Alright, im trying to find a way to connect my ipod directly to the factory standard stereo in my 95 es300. I had been using a tape adaptor but the tape deck recently stopped working altogether so that option is out. I've tried FM transmitters as well and although they work, the sound quality is TERRIBLE and to my ears unacceptable. I had been getting by using the 6 disc cd changer in the trunk but that too recently decided to crap out and give me error messages when trying to load cd's. So im left with using an FM transmitter with my ipod but like i said the sound quality is terrible on these things and i would love to find a way around it.

I've been searching around for a way to hardwire my ipod to my stereo system with little success. There seems to be plenty of aux-in adaptors available for newer models of this car but nothing for the 95's or older. So i figured i'd try posting to see if anyone else has had success in finding a way to hardwire their ipod in a 95 es300. Im not looking for anything fancy (ie text display and/or control through stereo head), all i want is a direct connection from my ipod output into my stereo.

Any ideas?

Hi there, I found your thread about connecting Ipod to your stereo, I am trying to do the same, have you done it if so can you tell me how? ill appreciate greatly

Any ideas?

Hi there, I found your thread about connecting Ipod to your stereo, I am trying to do the same, have you done it if so can you tell me how? ill appreciate greatly

What I did was buy a bluetooth enabled FM transmitter - Motorola makes an excellent one:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/t505/ (it can also be used as a hands-free cell phone speaker)

This allowed me to wirelessly connect my MP3 player to my stock stereo system. My MP3 player is a Samsung P2 which has bluetooth capability built in, but you can buy an inexpensive bluetooth adapter for most iPods these days. Anyways, this method sounds as good as being directly wired to the car stereo, but without the need to pull the headunit out to make modifications. And there are no unsightly wires at all. My MP3 player stays in my shirt or coat pocket, and the motorola T505 FM transmitter clips to the sun visor. It has an internal/rechargeable battery pack. One charge usually lasts a week, at least.