Is350 Mpg

So far this year (since 1-1-08) my average mpg has been 23.41 in my IS350.

I have a serious lead foot and my daily commute is 40 miles expressway and 20 miles not very congested urban streets. That number is higher than usual (real all time average is around 22 mpg) because in two occasions I tried to see how high could I go on one tank of gas and I reached 28.96. I was trying for 30 but was not successful.

In any case it was incredibly boring... and a real challenge (I even turned the engine off here and there on long red lights)...

I have 2600 miles on my 08, and I'm getting just under 20 mpg. i know the car is still breaking in, and I'm a serious get it to go driver. But I suspect that my mileage should start to get better soon.

Just under 2K miles on my '08 250. Overall average so far, 25.4. Current tank 24.3. I have got 29.2 out of one tank on a flat interstate run (south Texas) at 80 mph. About 30 mi roundtrip commute per day - mixed traffic. Very pleased so far!

On the new one (only have 120 miles), I'm getting about 23mpg and I'm driving like a grandma.

On the old one... was getting about 24-25 at any given time until I got it back "fixed" from the ECU problem. The onboard calculation said about 18mpg, but I started measuring it (because there was no way I was getting that much) and when I did my own calculation (guesstimates) I was getting about 14-15mpg.

The mpg really depends on your driving habits, road conditions, skills, and possibly your attitude of the time of driving.

Here is my observation on my own car:

On the highway, driving around 80mph (constant speed) for 40 miles, I can get ~26. It gets better if I drive at 55mph (constant speed). I can get about ~27. (But why bother getting an IS350 if you will only restrict yourself to 55mph).

In the city/non-highway/urban streets, I guess this really depends on your driving habits (such as how fast your accelerate from 0 to 25-45) and how often you stop. Therefore, my mpg varies in the city/non-highway/urban streets. The lowest I have seen is ~13.9 (I drove all local roads for the whole tank). At best, I get 20 mpg.

So on avg, it is about 21-22mpg for me.

• 2 months later...

I got 25~27mpg on my daily commute, 40mile one way to work (6/34 miles city/highway). I am very easy on gas now as it is still in break in with less than 700miles. I bought it 5/23/08.

The mpg really depends on your driving habits, road conditions, skills, and possibly your attitude of the time of driving.

Here is my observation on my own car:

On the highway, driving around 80mph (constant speed) for 40 miles, I can get ~26. It gets better if I drive at 55mph (constant speed). I can get about ~27. (But why bother getting an IS350 if you will only restrict yourself to 55mph).

In the city/non-highway/urban streets, I guess this really depends on your driving habits (such as how fast your accelerate from 0 to 25-45) and how often you stop. Therefore, my mpg varies in the city/non-highway/urban streets. The lowest I have seen is ~13.9 (I drove all local roads for the whole tank). At best, I get 20 mpg.

So on avg, it is about 21-22mpg for me.

Just bought my IS350 and ran through my first tank and go 22.5 MPG with me punching it a few times.

not too bad IMO I just traded a 2007 Camry for this and I was getting 25 avg MPG

Is this mostly highway driving?

So far this year (since 1-1-08) my average mpg has been 23.41 in my IS350.

I have a serious lead foot and my daily commute is 40 miles expressway and 20 miles not very congested urban streets. That number is higher than usual (real all time average is around 22 mpg) because in two occasions I tried to see how high could I go on one tank of gas and I reached 28.96. I was trying for 30 but was not successful.

In any case it was incredibly boring... and a real challenge (I even turned the engine off here and there on long red lights)...

17K miles on my 07 IS350. I used to obsess about the mileage by saving gas receipts and note the miles on that tank. I believe for the most part it was 22-23 MPG on average. Now i just look at the tank average on the console display and it indicates 22 and the average MPG which is 23.1. It seems like the display is pretty close to what i used to get when i regularly did the math.

My commute is 23 Miles in each direction, easily 2/3rds of which is highway. I am also a lead foot surely i could drive more mild and get better mileage but i concur with one of the previous posters that i find this really difficult and the next day just revert to my heavy footed ways, so i can't say what is possible.

-Mike

I have an 06 with 48,500 miles. My lifetime mpg is 21.6. I've gotten 25~26 on a tank but it took a lot of effort feathering the gas. For me it wasn't worth it, all the boring days driving to work for a measly 4 more mpg. Like it was said above, anything above 20-21 is pretty good for a 300+ hp car. I'm just not ready to go "green" yet.

• 3 weeks later...

A relatively easy way to keep track of your real mileage is to use the fuel logbook at gasbuddy.com (and once you are there you may cooperate by adding gas prices here and there...)

So far the car's computer is consistently showing around 0.5 mpg better than actual, which is a pretty darn good aproximation.

A relatively easy way to keep track of your real mileage is to use the fuel logbook at gasbuddy.com (and once you are there you may cooperate by adding gas prices here and there...)

So far the car's computer is consistently showing around 0.5 mpg better than actual, which is a pretty darn good aproximation.

Yeah, yours is getting a good calculation. Mine never seems to be close enouph for some reason. I allways use the trip odometer reset everytime I fill the tank up. Then I look at the fuel pump to see how many gallons went in, and I devide that by the trip odometer reading before I reset it again for the next tank. I now have just over 6000 miles on the car, and I get 19-21 mpg. pretty consistantly now. And I drive probably 70/30 city/ highway.

I would say I drive 60/40

60hwy and 40city.

I also just took a trip to Tucson and I got 28 on the Hwy that was going 80mph and not flooring it.

This is just as good as my 07 Camry on the hwy. But the Camry has the IS350 beat in the city but by only 3mpg.

Overall Very Happy, I have the power at my feet but still maintain my MPG's