Quick Question About The Headroom.

I am seriously considering buying the IS350 over its competitors, but I have read that the headroom is a little tight for some people. I'm 6'3". Just wanna know, would I be comfortable in this car? Because I like everything else about it. Or is there anyone on here who's around my height whose not bothered by the headroom? Thanks

I am seriously considering buying the IS350 over its competitors, but I have read that the headroom is a little tight for some people. I'm 6'3". Just wanna know, would I be comfortable in this car? Because I like everything else about it. Or is there anyone on here who's around my height whose not bothered by the headroom? Thanks

Depends on your driving style. I'm 6' and have no problems and sit fairly upright.

Best idea would be to take an IS for a test drive and make sure you can get comfortable for a long drive.

Yeah, ditto what the others have said. You have to drive it yourself to know for sure, but I can see it being too much of problem, unless you drive "straight up" like grandpa (which is how I drive).

I'm 6'0" and I drive VERY upright, but I still have a bit of headroom (although NOT an extra 3 inches). I mean, I've seen some guys drive so slouched that they'd probably fit in the car if they were 7'3".

I had similar concerns. I am 6'3" and have always driven pretty upright due to a lower back problem. I compared a number of cars and they all had a similar headroom figure (with moonroof). But I noticed a marked difference when I actually sat in them. For example, the Infinity G37 coupe when fitted with a moonroof lists the same headroom as my IS250. However, I could not find a single configuration of seat position in the G37 that worked. The main problem was that the grab bar above the drivers door was very close to the side of my head. For this reason I was inclined not to even look at the IS. However, my son's girlfriend drives one, so we took it out, and I was please to find that I did not have the same problem. I dont know if it has to do with seat positioning or what - but it works!!!

(Well, after thinking about it some more,it may have to do with the roof contour (front to back) when comparing the two-door G37 to the 4-dr IS. Therefore you can get the seat further back in driving position without the lowering ceiling becoming an issue.)