Garage Door Opener

d'marie sc430

You do realize there is a button on the garage door motor, that must be pressed and then the Lexus button programed with few seconds, maybe 60 secs? I programed two Genie rolling security doors and they work fine with the Lexus remote. You are missing a step...

Clyde

• 4 weeks later...
You do realize there is a button on the garage door motor, that must be pressed and then the Lexus button programed with few seconds, maybe 60 secs? I programed two Genie rolling security doors and they work fine with the Lexus remote. You are missing a step...

Clyde

Tried that, too... still no joy.

Can someone please post the entire procedure for programming the opener? I have a 2002 GS300 & no owners manual.

Well, for sure you should get an owners manual. Try doing an advanced search of this forum for "homelink". The instructions have been posted countless times including by me.

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone please post the entire procedure for programming the opener? I have a 2002 GS300 & no owners manual.

Well, for sure you should get an owners manual. Try doing an advanced search of this forum for "homelink". The instructions have been posted countless times including by me.

I had problems when I first programmed the botton for my garage opener, mine is rolling code one. After several attempts of going up and down, I realized, to program a rolling code garage door opener, you need to have you remote control that came with the opener. Press the learn button on your garage door opener unit, press the remote control while holding one of the three homelink buttons, then wait until the light go flashing from steady. Then go press the learn button again and press/hold the homelink button for a couple seconds TWICE, then it will work, at least for me. The manual does not state you need to use your remote control prior to pressing the homelink buttons twice. Hope this helps. thanks.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

I have followed the directions in my SC430 Lexus to program the HomeLink with my garage door opener. No luck. Plus, I have tried the suggestions currently posted. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Frustrated 2006 SC430 Lexus Owner.

I have followed the directions in my SC430 Lexus to program the HomeLink with my garage door opener. No luck. Plus, I have tried the suggestions currently posted. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Programming instructions start on page 169 of the 2006 SC430 owners manual - here is the section: http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM24509U/pdf/sec_03-05.pdf

Have you been successful at programming built-in garage door openers in other vehicles to open your garage doors?

Do you get the rapid flash of the Homelink LED in your SC430 before releasing the buttons and moving on to the rolling code programming step? (Assuming you have a rolling code garage door opener - most made in the past 25 years are rolling code.)

You might try first clearing all existing codes per the instructions on page 173.

If none of that works, do you have an especially old or an off-brand garage door opener?

• Like 1

I do understand this problem. I almost gave up trying to program my garage doors but then, in spite of my impatience with such things, After reading the "simple" directions a few times, I was able to figure the sequence and it works great.

I DO know that you must HOLD the button on the mirror in for at least a second for it to activate the door opener. If you just push it once quickly, it does nothing. Kind of confusing but once you know, you will know.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

i just bought a 2002 SC430. watched 4 videos before I found one that DID work for my car and the garage door.

Search for Park Place lexus SC430 garage door opener. (sorry, I am at work now and YOUTUBE is blocked for me)

I had to 
1. clear the codes in the car (hold button 1 and 3 till it blinks fast)
2. push the car open button #1 then a working garage door opener held up to it.
3. go push the learn button on the garage door 
4. push the #1 button and hold until it blinks fast.
5. release and wit 5 seconds, then push #1 car button to see if the garage opens.

I think that is the steps. 

Tip: You can extend the range of your opener by adding a 6-12 inch long wire (crimp or soldered) to the garage door opener antennae. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/20/2022 at 11:22 PM, RX400h said:

Tip: You can extend the range of your opener by adding a 6-12 inch long wire (crimp or soldered) to the garage door opener antennae. 

And where would I find this garage door opener antenna?

On 8/9/2015 at 7:44 AM, chrisdobbins said:

Thanks,

Do the remove all codes for all buttons on your homelink. Then start the programing over. I had to do that on the used car I just bought, 2015 LS. It would not let me just overwrite previously pprogamed buttones the first owner had set.

The other issue to be aware of is 2006, like my GS430, will not pair to many modern rolling code door openers without the proper interface module installed in the car.

Just saw UKPete post. He is correct about the link, and what I was referring to above.

15 hours ago, Dean2 said:

It usually hangs off of the motor head unit of the door open in the garage. It attaches the the circuit board.

Ahh, I thought you were talking on the car.