Lexus2D

Hi we have just had the budget in the UK :(

I was paying £210 a year on my Lexus IS200 Sport

As of next year it will go up 2

£415 this is so unfair :censored:

& means i mite have 2 sell my Lexus :cries:

The UK & TAX Sucks :angry:

Do u pay Roadtax in the states :unsure:

Yes, we too pay taxes for our cars. It's not called a road tax, it's a personal property tax. Anything outside of real estate here in the states, is considered "personal" property. Misleading in term, as your home is also your "personal property", but being afixed to the earth "unless you're a tornado target", it's considered a "real estate tax". Tax amounts vary by each seperate county in each individual state. In translation to your tax, my tax on the 05' 4runner was about $230 dollars....translation into Euros would be about $345 euros.

Sorry to hear about that Lexus2D. I know my sister and (retired) parents back in the UK are always complaining about the VERY high cost of driving a personal vehicle over there. And they live in the countryside so do not have much of a "mass transit" option.

No personal property tax on cars here in Texas (at least MOST of the state!) We do pay an annual license ("tag") fee (tax by any other name), but it does not amount to anything like the multiple-hundred dollar charges you guys are mentioning. I think mine was about $65 last year.

However, I know that SOME of the counties in the state DO assess a personal property tax on LEASED vehicles (in addition to tag fees).

We also have some sort road tax but it is in the form of Registration fees for the Vehicle to get plates.. Some states charge more for Heavy Vehicles and some for Emissions.. Lately over the years they have enforced emissions to the point where you cannot drive a car unless it has emission controls on it. In Colorado they had emission control stations that you had to pass before you could get your plates. It was around $30 - 50$ to get an emission test. If you passed today, and sold your car tomorrow, the new owner would have to get a new emission test.

Man that's awful. I live in FL and I own my car so the only thing I pay is renewal of the tag every year which cost less than $47. We used to have emissions tests, but they did away with that years ago.

my tax on the 05' 4runner was about $230 dollars....translation into Euros would be about $345 euros.

In fact, $230 is only about EUR 150 or GBP 114. So, if anything, significantly lower than the poor folks on the other side of the ocean have to live through!

my tax on the 05' 4runner was about $230 dollars....translation into Euros would be about $345 euros.

In fact, $230 is only about EUR 150 or GBP 114. So, if anything, significantly lower than the poor folks on the other side of the ocean have to live through!

Hahaha.... you're right! Sorry, my math was bassakwards...hey, it's friday, and all I can think about is beer and cheetos!

At the moment in UK Lexus Car Tax is

B4 2001 £185 $370

After £210 $420

surely older cars aint as kind 2 the enviroment i realy dont get it :(

Our Goverment dont care about the world the money goes in there pockets not saveing the planet :angry:

In 2009 it will be

Cars registred After 2001 £415 $830

Its a way the government extort lrge amount of cash out of people.. they do it with immigrants too.. thats why the UK has a huge amount of immigrants.

The forest people are trying to protect emit more Co2 then cars planes and people put together.

but they dont tell you that so they can sting you with more taxes.

In the UK you are born then taxed to death.

I'm embarrased to say how little we're taxed in Montana. But on Real Property? THAT'S where WE take in in the shorts, to make up for no sales tax, as well as other low taxes. The missing personal property tax scheem makes for a BIG savings when it came time to klunk down $40-$50K for the 400h.

Actually, no tax other than registration here in louisiana. About miniscule every 2 years. Blake and my accountant knows. Sorry. ;) I assume NC was thinking about child tax. :blink:
I think my parents pay vehicle taxes in Orleans parish (I'd suspect that they might in Kenner and Westwego too since they, like NO, have inspection stickers that are different from the other parishes in LA.), but I don't up here in Lincoln parish. I think the registration is about $40 every 2 years and $10 annual inspection with no emissions!

Let's see...in Omaha, NE, home of the brave and land of the free, to initially register - sales tax (5.5% MSRP), personal property tax, tire tax, title fee, and plate fee. Additionally, fixed percentage of the assessed value of the car annually to re-register. Yes, boys and girls, that's about 2.5% of my $58,000 GX every year....Nebraska: motto "We tax the air!" At least we have brutal winters, no beaches, no mountains, no forests and no tourist attractions to make up for it...

Doc H.