25 Character Phone Number Limitation

EMP

I have a phone number that, once I insert passwords and pauses, is 30 characters long. The phone book seems to have a 25 character limitation. Does anyone know of a way to get around this limiation? Any creative ways?

Thanks

EMP

Any creative ways?

Yes, this is annoying. I just gave up on long strings like that, but I will start thinking about it again.

Question for you: Does the pause and wait functions work properly in those strings? I think my BlackBerry is not being sent the right signals to respect those functions from the LEXUS.

I have a phone number that, once I insert passwords and pauses, is 30 characters long. The phone book seems to have a 25 character limitation. Does anyone know of a way to get around this limiation? Any creative ways?

Thanks

EMP

OK ... creative ways..

Have you paired down the number of pause commands to the absolute minimum? For example, if you are using consecutive pauses (e.g. pppp), you might try cutting down the pauses to the absolute minimum number of pauses that the target phone system will accept most of the time. I used to have to have eight pauses to navigate to my corporate voice mail -- don't know why but now I can get by with only three.

Does your Lexus phone system (and phone) allow using a "wait" command instead of a pause? Probably not but you might check.

Any chance you can use a shorter password on the target phone system?

Might there be some "fast path" tricks that would allow you to by skip a menu option or two on the target phone system? When all else fails, I've found that govelling to my corporate phone system adminstrators sometimes works wonders.

• 2 weeks later...
Any creative ways?

Yes, this is annoying. I just gave up on long strings like that, but I will start thinking about it again.

Question for you: Does the pause and wait functions work properly in those strings? I think my BlackBerry is not being sent the right signals to respect those functions from the LEXUS.

The pause function seems to work, and I haven't tried the wait function. It would be nice if you could run the first set of characters under one phone book address with a wait function, then the second set with another phone book address.