15 replies to this topic

#1 MikeMc

MikeMc

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Model: RX330

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

Lot's of problems using the site! 1. The forum search feature won't work. Search for "2009 RX 400H" I get the following message: "One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Mike Mc

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 amf1932

amf1932

Guru Member

• Super Moderator
  • 2,771 posts
  • First Name:Alan
  • Model: 2007 ES350 Ultra-Luxury Package
  • Year: 2006

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

Take the space out between the RX and 400H so it looks like this: 2009 RX400H

#3 Lucky13

Lucky13

Luxury Sport

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Model: LS400

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

Are you two being purposly ignorant? The term "one or more of your search terms is under 4 characters" means you cant have RX as a search term. Group it with the number model.

#4 Steve

Steve

Club Founder

• Admin
  • 3,907 posts
  • Model: GS300
Contributor

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

the search issue is now resolved.

#5 1990LS400

1990LS400

Guru Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts
  • Year: 2000

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

Gosh, the new "Google Custom Search" seems crude ... wondering if I don't know how to use it.

How does one limit the search to one sub-forum and search for multiple words using + signs. How does one limit the search to a particular "from date" and vary the date order of the returned list of threads.

Could we have the old search feature back? Maybe you could have both it and the Google search.

#6 Lexucan

Lexucan

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Model: ES300

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

Gosh, the new "Google Custom Search" seems crude ... wondering if I don't know how to use it.

How does one limit the search to one sub-forum and search for multiple words using + signs. How does one limit the search to a particular "from date" and vary the date order of the returned list of threads.

Could we have the old search feature back? Maybe you could have both it and the Google search.

Judging by the number of responses you got to your questions (NONE) I'd say nobody else here knows how to use the new search either. All I get now when trying to search a sub forum is a bunch of useless Google ads! :censored:

#7 bartkat

bartkat

Guru Member

• Super Moderator
  • 4,661 posts
  • Model: 2006 IS350
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:47 AM

The google is useless to me. How can I tell anyone to search or find a link for them if I don't know how to make it specific?

#8 1990LS400

1990LS400

Guru Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:21 AM

As Jainla explained in another thread on July 31st, the old search feature can still be invoked from the drop down menu at the bottom right of a forum page. Please see the attachment.

Attached Thumbnails

• LOC_old_search_feature.jpg

#9 SW03ES

SW03ES

Official LOC Detailaholic

• Management
  • 18,612 posts
  • Model: GS350 AWD Lux
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

LOC is hardly abandoned and forgotten. We're all here....thousands of new members and hundreds of new posts per day...but abandoned and forgotten :rolleyes:

I don't care for the new Google search either...I'm sure Steve will address it when he gets back. Nothing any of us can do about it...

#10 Steve

Steve

Club Founder

• Admin
  • 3,907 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:40 AM

hi guys, apologise i did not see this thread.

I agree the google search is not brilliant, it was to get over the 3 letter limit. However, we are due to upgrade the whole system before the year is out so please bear with me.

#11 iNS0MNiAC

iNS0MNiAC

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Model: Aristo

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

any updates on this issue? It seems after almost a year this issue has still not been addressed.

#12 Steve

Steve

Club Founder

• Admin
  • 3,907 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:22 AM

The search feature on the forums now use the forum software search and not google.

Until the next version of the software upgrade this search is limited to 4 letters or more.

The new version of the search is apparently greatly improved.

#13 iNS0MNiAC

iNS0MNiAC

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Model: Aristo

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

The search feature on the forums now use the forum software search and not google.

Until the next version of the software upgrade this search is limited to 4 letters or more.

Oh weird, I was just using it yesterday and it was still linking me to the good search. but ya its using the forum software now.

#14 1990LS400

1990LS400

Guru Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

Thank you, Steve, for making the forum search the new default. Is there a way you could give use both the Google and the forum search? Maybe the Google search from the Search button at the top of the page and the forum search in the drop down menu at the bottom of the page ... the way it used to be.

Mainly, Steve, thanks for keeping this forum going.

#15 Steve

Steve

Club Founder

• Admin
  • 3,907 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:05 AM

http://us.lexusowner....com/search.php is the google search.

the new forum update gets around a lot of problems. We will upgrade soon, just waiting for a few more updates to happen so we can update to a much secure forum software.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have