Does Anyone Have The Luxury Package?

rear sunshade, illuminated scuff plates, auto steering wheel, headlight cleaner, mark levinson, memory seats?

they said that they dont make it too often with those features

i got the nav, air conditioned seats, afs, xenon, but not all those other gadgets listed above

I didn't order it, but after I got my car I wished I had the seat memory. This is the only car in the house that everyone drives and now we're doing it manually. It came standard on a 99 RX! I also found out that I was so accustomed to the automatic wipers that at times I was using the wipers and it wasn't raining any longer. Sad.

When I got mine in January, I asked the rep and he said only 3% of stock in the region (I'm in NC) have the Luxury Package, hard to find. He seemed pretty sure in his response and has been selling them for quite a while, so I expect the info is reasonably accurate.

rear sunshade, illuminated scuff plates, auto steering wheel, headlight cleaner, mark levinson, memory seats?

i got the nav, air conditioned seats, afs, xenon, but not all those other gadgets listed above

Time to buy your own IS ^_^. When I get mine, no one is driving it but me, so I won't need the Memory seats.

There seems to be a problem with your username. :(

I've got the IS250 SE-L which has the lot.....why do you ask?

Mark Levinson isn't in the Lux package, it's an entirely separate option

And as always if the dealer doesn't have exactly the car you want, order one. Why pay 30-45k for something that isn't exactly what you want?

In the Southeast region, if the car has the lux package, then it will have the Levinson.

And as always if the dealer doesn't have exactly the car you want, order one. Why pay 30-45k for something that isn't exactly what you want?

In the Southeast region, if the car has the lux package, then it will have the Levinson.

Which has nothing to do with what's in the luxury package.

Lexus options cars by region but Lux package has a very specific meaning and set of content... it's on Lexus.com regardless of where you order it (in the lower 48 US anyway).

Order Lux in special order, even in the southeast, and Levinson doesn't come with it- it's a separate option.

Here's what's in the Lux package-

Luxury Package $3,495

Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim

Perforated leather-trimmed interior

Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column

Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel

Heated and ventilated front seats

Illuminated doorsill scuff plates

Power rear-window sunshade

Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle

Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse

Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps

Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)

That's it.

You can also get the Lux package w/18" wheels, which is a separate option code on the order sheet and is $4325 MSRP but is exactly as above plus this-

18 x 8.0-in alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 tires front [4], 18 x 8.5-in alloy wheels with 255/40YR18 tires rear

Which has nothing to do with what's in the luxury package.

Lexus options cars by region but Lux package has a very specific meaning and set of content... it's on Lexus.com regardless of where you order it (in the lower 48 US anyway).

Order Lux in special order, even in the southeast, and Levinson doesn't come with it- it's a separate option.

Here's what's in the Lux package-

Luxury Package $3,495

Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel

Heated and ventilated front seats

Power rear-window sunshade

That's it.

You can also get the Lux package w/18" wheels, which is a separate option code on the order sheet and is $4325 MSRP but is exactly as above plus this-

18 x 8.0-in alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 tires front [4], 18 x 8.5-in alloy wheels with 255/40YR18 tires rear

Yeah--Lexus likes to bundle options together, so you need to be aware what comes with a pkg, and what is bundled.

Note that the Lux Pkg differs slightly for the AWD. The OP listed "IS250" on his info--not sure if you are looking for AWD. The AWD Lux Pkg is cheaper, and doesn't include 18" tires, and doesn't include heated/vented seats or wood. You have to also add the Premium Pkg

Premium Package $850

Ventilated front seats

Luxury Package $2,205

Power rear sunshade

Of cousre, it would probably be near impossible to find an Lux Pkg equiped 250 without the Premium Pkg in it as well. It's kinda stupid that they dont just combine them to 1 pkg like the RWD models.

Yeah, the bundled package thing is all about sticker prices IMO. I special ordered my 250 AWD with the packages noted in my signature. In Illinois is seems like all the IS350's came with the Premium & Luxury Packages along with Levison, etc... This drove the sticker price way up. The Pre-Collision System was just not available without a special order. Many of the IS250's were less optioned with lower sticker prices. Perhaps the more optioned IS250's sold out quicker too.

Regards,

Agreed. If it isn't on the dealer's lot or available from another dealer's lot to be shipped to your dealer, then special order it. Most regions choose their option packages, and you have to special order for exactly the car you want.

I just found out you get a super rare specially optioned BMW in 6 to 8 weeks MAX...

try that with Lexus... it is 3 to 5 months...

something is not right as the extra distance from Japan does not justify the difference in time...

It's the fact that Toyota/Lexus simply doesn't consider special orders in their design philosophy. It's been hard to special order a toyota since before Lexus existed.

The entire process, in their mind, is they build the configurations they think everyone will want, and then poople buy them, ideally just as they arrive on lots. This is why the vehicles in one region all tend to come with one or a couple of specific sets of options.

BTW, a special order really shouldn't take more than 2.5-3.5 months even from Lexus...mine didn't.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Luxury package (+ 18" wheels) on mine minus the Levinson. Love everything about it! Selling the car now so I can get a fancy show horse. =( Hate to do it as it took MONTHS to find this car! Feel like the lux package is well worth it, so if you can hold out for it, do so!

I have the Luxury package (+ 18" wheels) on mine minus the Levinson. Love everything about it! Selling the car now so I can get a fancy show horse. =( Hate to do it as it took MONTHS to find this car! Feel like the lux package is well worth it, so if you can hold out for it, do so!

I too have the Luxury package(s). I basically have everything except the fancy Cruise and backup sensor. Love everything.... it really comes down to personal preference.

Lux Pkg and ML are totally separate options--there is no Lux "with" ML.

I wanted the Lux Pkg mostly for the memory seats--I probably would not have bought this car if they couldn't locate one (that's not true--I would have special ordered). I also like the tilt and auto dim mirrors. The rain sensing wipers, power adjustable steering wheel and sunshade I could take or leave. I like the illuminated scuff plates too, but this is a relatively cheap DIY if you don't get the Lux Pkg.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LUXURY PACKAGE IN THE NORTHEAST FOR AWD??

I was just tooling around on the Lexus re-designed website, building my own IS 250 AWD. The Luxury Package is GONE from all "available packages". Guess you have to special order it now--unless it's just a glitch on the website (last night it was showing packages for AWD with HKS Exhaust and Ground Effects--there is definitely NOT many cars with that in Penna!). Sux if you're trying to buy one now. When I bought my car this time last year, Lux Pkg was only a 10% build for AWD...

Lux Pkg and ML are totally separate options--there is no Lux "with" ML.

I wanted the Lux Pkg mostly for the memory seats--I probably would not have bought this car if they couldn't locate one (that's not true--I would have special ordered). I also like the tilt and auto dim mirrors. The rain sensing wipers, power adjustable steering wheel and sunshade I could take or leave. I like the illuminated scuff plates too, but this is a relatively cheap DIY if you don't get the Lux Pkg.

Yes, I know ML is totally separate from lux package. Should have worded differently. Just meant to say that wow...love ALL of the features in mine - really sets it apart from all the rest.

i have a luxury package..its a 2007..i have all that u listed above except the auto steering wheel :wacko:

i really dont think thats in any of the packages..

Power tilt and telescope with auto fold away is part of the luxury package and the sports package, it's one of the items that the memory buttons remember (along with the seat position and the side mirror positions)... the auto fold away feature can be turned on and off however.

i have a luxury package..its a 2007..i have all that u listed above except the auto steering wheel :wacko:

i really dont think thats in any of the packages..

If you have the Lux Pkg, you have power adjustable wheel, that moves out of the way when the car is turned off.