Blue Lexus Logo At The Back - What Does It Mean?

I believe the BLUE "ACCENTS" are Toyota's way of signifying hybrid technology and/or fuel efficiency. This is from the RX website:

The sporty RX 400h is built for style and speed. The streamlined grille features three metallic-finished horizontal bars, matching the look of the functional bumper air intake. Round, projector-style foglamps are integrated for better visibility. Rear taillamps feature more efficient LED bulbs. A distinctive blue tint also adds style to the headlamps, taillamps and Lexus badging, both front and rear. Black privacy glass, a rear spoiler and RX 400h rear badging completes the sleek appearance.

Yes, it's true, on the new Lexus hybrids there will now be the "L" in a field of blue. It's nice because it's all encased in clear plastic. I believe the front "L" is as well. Rey

I noticed that when looking for me wife's '08 RX400h. The dealer had both '07 and '08 on the floor. The sales person did not know about the change (heck, he didn't even know how to read VIN on dashboard! Naturally, I didn't make the purchase there, but that's another story).

As for the blue enblem in the front, it's the same one in the rear if it's FWD; on AWD model, it's a hollow "L" like before.

This is a great board, by the way. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
I noticed that when looking for me wife's '08 RX400h. The dealer had both '07 and '08 on the floor. The sales person did not know about the change (heck, he didn't even know how to read VIN on dashboard! Naturally, I didn't make the purchase there, but that's another story).

As for the blue enblem in the front, it's the same one in the rear if it's FWD; on AWD model, it's a hollow "L" like before.

This is a great board, by the way. :lol:

Actually I think it goes like this: Blue emblem on the front FWD or AWD without trailer towing package. Standard open L with trailer towing package to increase cooling flow. Brand new 2008 AWD RX400h traded my '06 for it. Love them both...