Adding A Second Phone

DC350

I can't register a second phone. When I press register, the register screen has the first phone I entered on it with no way to change it to the new phone name I want to enter. If I press register it tries to pair the first registered phone name with the new phone. The manual is useless. It doesn't even mention adding a second or third phone, only mentions that you can have up to 6. Help!

I can't register a second phone. When I press register, the register screen has the first phone I entered on it with no way to change it to the new phone name I want to enter. If I press register it tries to pair the first registered phone name with the new phone. The manual is useless. It doesn't even mention adding a second or third phone, only mentions that you can have up to 6. Help!

Make sure you are in the Bluetooth menu, not the phone menu, and have the phone's Bluetooth broadcasting (discoverable). That should do it.

Make sure you are in the Bluetooth menu, not the phone menu, and have the phone's Bluetooth broadcasting (discoverable). That should do it.

Yup, that works, and it discovers the second phone, but the car uses the first phone's name. As if it's overwritting the first phone. I cancel at that point. Will it later allow me to add a second name?

Yes, you can change the name. When the phone is detected, it may have the same "Device Name" as a previous phone, if your phones are the same brand or model. But you can change what you call the phone in the "Register" field of the menu after you establish the connection. The actual connection is not made by name, but instead with the internal Bluetooth device number (like a MAC number for computers and network devices).

My registered phones have first names of each owner as the names.

• 2 months later...
Yes, you can change the name. When the phone is detected, it may have the same "Device Name" as a previous phone, if your phones are the same brand or model. But you can change what you call the phone in the "Register" field of the menu after you establish the connection. The actual connection is not made by name, but instead with the internal Bluetooth device number (like a MAC number for computers and network devices).

My registered phones have first names of each owner as the names.

Sharpcolorado:

Thank you...thank you. I was having the same problem and called Lexus and they were unable to figure it out. It appears that some of the units have an additional screen which says "Add phone". Mine and apparently yours does not. But what you recommended worked fine and I renamed the second phone after it paired and now I'm a happy camper.

Tenderfoot