Low Tire Pressure Warning Reset

Anybody know the procedure to reset the tire pressure warning light(s). I am in the northeast and the cold sometimes sets it off. Earlier in the week I brought it in to Lexus they checked the tires which were OK and reset the warning llight. A couple of days later the dashboard light came on again. Thanks

It ought to reset after you inflate the tires to within 4 PSI of the initial pressure.

Thanks. I was so used to everyone says how the gauge often gives false readings in the Northeast - new occured to me that there actually was a problem. A tack in the tire. Had it fixed and gauge reset.

thanks

The tire PSI will change 1 PSI per every 10 degrees in ambient temperature. Theoretically it would take a 40 degree change in temp to set off the pressure warnings.

Does that remain true for both O2 or Nitrogen? My tires have Nitro in them - which I was told was inert and didn't expand or contract to the same "degree" as air. They said I would get better gas mileage. After a few months - I really do not see an improvement in mileage.

The tire PSI will change 1 PSI per every 10 degrees in ambient temperature. Theoretically it would take a 40 degree change in temp to set off the pressure warnings.

Does that remain true for both O2 or Nitrogen? My tires have Nitro in them - which I was told was inert and didn't expand or contract to the same "degree" as air. They said I would get better gas mileage. After a few months - I really do not see an improvement in mileage.

Nitrogen may be a little less sensitive, but not really significant when it comes to temperature changes. The big claimed advantage is that it doesn't permeate through the rubber as fast and won't lose as much pressure over time. It also has a big advantage of not containing moisture, which can degrade tire materials. The fuel mileage is from maintaining pressure over two to three months, thus keeping rolling resistance down. I you air up your tires once a month or after major temperature changes, the only real advantage for nitrogen is the lack of mosture.

Here are the claims. If you read carefully you'll see what I mean.

http://www.citytireservice.com/nitrogen.htm

Nitrogen may be a little less sensitive, but not really significant when it comes to temperature changes. The big claimed advantage is that it doesn't permeate through the rubber as fast and won't lose as much pressure over time. It also has a big advantage of not containing moisture, which can degrade tire materials. The fuel mileage is from maintaining pressure over two to three months, thus keeping rolling resistance down. I you air up your tires once a month or after major temperature changes, the only real advantage for nitrogen is the lack of mosture.

Here are the claims. If you read carefully you'll see what I mean.

http://www.citytireservice.com/nitrogen.htm

Thanks.....