•  

Photo

Dealer Installed Xm Radio On 08 Es 350 ?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 OH_Guy

OH_Guy

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • First Name:Don
  • Model: 2008 ES350 Smoky Granite/Black
  • Year: 2008

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

Had XM installed on 08 ES 350 with antenna on back shelf next to stop light last week- no problem with reception- looks fine. Went to Chicago from MI and it worked like a charm-dealer had mentioned it may not work as well there versus on the trunk- and offered to move to trunk at no charge if it did not perform as expected. It does, so after 4 years having XM- in a couple different cars- still able to enjoy XM and the ES 350 (now with 1000 miles on it.)

The dealer relocated the xm antenna today to the rear shelf. I am a lot happier now without that ugly thing on the trunk. No problems at all with the signal.

Why can't Lexus be like most other manufacturers who have XM and Sirus ready radios have the shark fin or some other system other than a dealer installed antenna. This is ridiculous!!! I enjoy my XM on my 05 ES330 but still hate the ugly toothbox size antenna the dealer installed on the truck. I will probably buy and 08 this month and ask to have the antenna installed on the rear deck but Lexus needs to resolve this as it detracts from the appearance of the car! Doesn't Lexus have the shark fin antenna on other models?

[b]
The IS and the LS both have the shark fin, so I don't understand why Lexus decided not to put it on the ES.

[/

When I got my ES last November, I asked the salesman about that. He was quite candid. The everage age of the ES owner is the highest of all the Lexus models. Statistically, this older group do not buy Sat Radio. Therefore is wasn't worth Lexus's money to put a sharkfin on the ES.
IMO, Lexus tries harder than any other car maker to suck funds out of its clients so I'd have to accept that logic as mathematically correct. Personally, I think they should add the fin and a better standard radio to attract a few more 'younger' customers.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have