Popping Noise From Front End

occasionally ive been hearing this popping sound from the suspension on the drivers side whenever i turn the wheel. but lately its been getting more frequent. a friend of mine told that the bushings on the control arm is whats causing it. Do i have to replace the whole control arm or can the bushings just be replaced?

occasionally ive been hearing this popping sound from the suspension on the drivers side whenever i turn the wheel. but lately its been getting more frequent. a friend of mine told that the bushings on the control arm is whats causing it. Do i have to replace the whole control arm or can the bushings just be replaced?

BALL JOINTS STOP DRIVING IT NOW!!!!!!!

Agree if ball joints are the problem! :unsure:

Put ur car up on stands and check for play.

Agree if ball joints are the problem! :unsure:

Put ur car up on stands and check for play.

While you have the car up in the air to check the ball joints check your CV joint. It's been my experience that that is more a symptom of your CV joint going out, especially if it happens when your making a turn. Good luck!

check your CV joint. It's been my experience that that is more a symptom of your CV joint going out, especially if it happens when your making a turn. Good luck!

This is not a front wheel drive car...there are no CV joints in the front of your GS.

The noise you hear is most likely the balljoints...

• 5 months later...

i have 2000 gs 400 and still have noise in the front end even after replacing the ball joints(both sides). its a creaking noise and only happens when coming to a stop. any help would be apriciated-thank you

well you dont know for sure if its the balljoint.. Try turning the car without pressing the break or gas.. If it pops then it is the balljoin.. But if your turn, and you press the break at the same time.. Then its the break pad thats giving play.. Thats not a problem.. My gs does the same thing..

well you dont know for sure if its the balljoint.. Try turning the car without pressing the break or gas.. If it pops then it is the balljoin.. But if your turn, and you press the break at the same time.. Then its the break pad thats giving play.. Thats not a problem.. My gs does the same thing..

ball joints brandy new-not even 100 miles on them and its not a brake click when brake pedal is depresed. only does it when wheel is turned all the way to the left or right. it will make the noise without applying brakes. its a real creaking noise and its driving me crazy. no play in the front end. thanks for all suggestions.