Lx470 Oem Roof Rack Wanted

Reeltime

:DHello All,

In new to Lexus and this forum..just purchased a used 1999 LX470 with 33,000 miles. First use car since I was 16 years old. To be honest this suv drives better than any new car that I have ever owned. I needed a car for winter skiing with the family, however this rare find of mine did not come with a roof rack. I se on this site, several of you may have taken the OEM rack off. If so, please let me know if anyone has one for sale or perhaps where I can find one outside of the dealer for $800. Thank you.

Reeltime

:DHello All,

In new to Lexus and this forum..just purchased a used 1999 LX470 with 33,000 miles. First use car since I was 16 years old. To be honest this suv drives better than any new car that I have ever owned. I needed a car for winter skiing with the family, however this rare find of mine did not come with a roof rack. I se on this site, several of you may have taken the OEM rack off. If so, please let me know if anyone has one for sale or perhaps where I can find one outside of the dealer for $800. Thank you.

Reeltime

I wouldn't bother w/ the OEM rack. Get a real rack like the AO rack:

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/produc...fracks_main.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Just my luck, after days of searching online - I decided to bite the bullet and just order a complet OEM rack. However they no longer sell the the roof rack kit. Now you have to buy it by the parts and that will exceed $2000. I told the parts manager that I will be using duck-tape before I drop $2000 on a roof rack just so I can mount my old thule ski rack.

Im hoping theres someone on this site that have upgraded to an aftermarket rack and have the old one around for sale. Thank you all again.

• 11 months later...

I have 2000 lx470. I need a part for my luggage rack, the left reat trim piece. Any color.

Im hoping theres someone on this site that have upgraded to an aftermarket rack and have the old one around for sale. Thank you all again.

I have 2000 lx470. I need a part for my luggage rack, the left rear trim piece. Any color.

• 8 years later...