Air Flow Sensor

exdotcomer

Hi-

My check engine went on the other day- took it to the dealer... they said series one, bank one air flow sensor is lazy and will get worse soon. they want $490 + tax for the sensor and labor. I started to get a little rough idle last night.

I called Toyota, once they found out i had a lexus,they transferred me to "their own lexus dept"- i left a message and nver heard back from them.

the car has 115 k miles, always dealer maintened, and current on all services.

I was expecting this service to be about 300 including tax... what do you guys/gal think?

thank you very much,

g

Hi-

My check engine went on the other day- took it to the dealer... they said series one, bank one air flow sensor is lazy and will get worse soon. they want $490 + tax for the sensor and labor. I started to get a little rough idle last night.

I called Toyota, once they found out i had a lexus,they transferred me to "their own lexus dept"- i left a message and nver heard back from them.

the car has 115 k miles, always dealer maintened, and current on all services.

I was expecting this service to be about 300 including tax... what do you guys/gal think?

thank you very much,

g

Clean the sensor.

g

Clean the sensor.

I performed a search on how to clean the sensor and nothing came up.

I found something using google- link

but this is for the mass air flow sensor.

The dealer said the car had two air flow sensor and never mentioned the Mass air flow sensor- that would be on top of the engine?

I thought the air flow sensor he was talking about is underneath the car, one in front of the cat and one after the cat.

thanks for your help