Wrecked Sc400..part Out Or Sell Off For What I Can Get?

djmicah

my 93 sc400 was stolen and recovered wrecked :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries:

looks like it rolled but who knows

i loved the car and will probably get another one but dont know if i should just sell it off to the junkyard who will only maybe give me a few hundred or try to hold on to it and part it out for more.

all the suspension motor trans seats most glass trunk and lots more is still fine and seems like a waste to sell it for scrap

just looking for buyers or some advice

thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my 93 sc400 was stolen and recovered wrecked :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries:

i loved the car and will probably get another one but dont know if i should just sell it off to the junkyard who will only maybe give me a few hundred or try to hold on to it and part it out for more.

all the suspension motor trans seats most glass trunk and lots more is still fine and seems like a waste to sell it for scrap

thanks

What color interior?

my car is a 93 sc400 dark green with tan interior i will be taking some pics later today, but the car is in pretty good shape exept body damage mostly on the driver side and roof.

most glass is good

int. is in good shape including heated seats with 1 small crack on drivers, steering wheel still has air bag all suspension is good including new tein basic coilover setup w/ maybe 1500 miles on them, rear bumper,trunk all good, engine and trans with trac have 150,000 orig miles and runs great, rear end and axle brake assmbly still all good also.

i guess im going to have to research what all this is worth but i have it and want to get rid of it

anyways im really bummed out about all this and just want to find a nicer sc

any help or advice is much appreciated

thanks alot

micah

619-250-7828- car is in las vegas nv

i'm interested in the following parts:

1. wiper arms, and the squirts (on the hood), plus the small hose lines leading to the reservoir.

2. front hood shocks (pair) the ones that keep the hood standing when you pop it.

3. cup holder (located in between the shifter and the center console box

4. front & rear emblems ("L" logo and the "lexus" logo) no need for the "sc400" logo

let me know.. i don't normally log in here.. so you can email me at FRH44@aol.com

I'm in LA, i can have my friend meet you and pick up the items should we come to an agreement. thanks!

my car is a 93 sc400 dark green with tan interior i will be taking some pics later today, but the car is in pretty good shape exept body damage mostly on the driver side and roof.

most glass is good

int. is in good shape including heated seats with 1 small crack on drivers, steering wheel still has air bag all suspension is good including new tein basic coilover setup w/ maybe 1500 miles on them, rear bumper,trunk all good, engine and trans with trac have 150,000 orig miles and runs great, rear end and axle brake assmbly still all good also.

i guess im going to have to research what all this is worth but i have it and want to get rid of it

thanks alot

micah

How about the long wood trim just aft of the passenger door handle?

most glass is good

thanks alot

micah

How about the long wood trim just aft of the passenger door handle?

yeah i ahve them bothh in good shape,,u know what there worth????

still working on pics, i just got in town from selling some stuff in l.a.. sorry.

hi djmicah, i feel so upsad :( and angry to people who did to your car. Don't be upsad, you can work on another sc right. ;) And i have some part that i would like from your car.

Steering column surround trim (i can show picture how to remove it)

center console rear ashtray (the one behind the center glove box)

Stereo system in center console (if it is not working, it is fine, i just need the parts, i am fixing my one)

Let me know, if you still have it, i would like to offer to fair value because i want the stuff kind of typical. Thank you

I'll give you $75 plus shipping costs for all the under body plastic covers and screws that are located directly under the motor.... I can paypal you the money and give you my address for shipping... Those plastic covers can fold up to be shipped...Let me know, PM me if you want to do this...

hi djmicah, i feel so upsad :( and angry to people who did to your car. Don't be upsad, you can work on another sc right. ;) And i have some part that i would like from your car.

Stereo system in center console (if it is not working, it is fine, i just need the parts, i am fixing my one)

Let me know, if you still have it, i would like to offer to fair value because i want the stuff kind of typical. Thank you

This is ONLY if djmicah doesn't have the stereo...

...but I have a Nakamichi head unit in great shape that I'm trying to part with. Let me know if you're interested if he can't help you out.

ok i have the ashtray and steering trim and am looking for my stereo, i have a few people interested but im not sure if i still have it.

thanks for youre interest thoughand the nice message. make an offer on those parts if you want

thanx mike...619-250-7828

• 2 weeks later...

I need a heater vsv,, on the firewall, right side,, has a 2 wire plug,a vac hose and the large heater hoses going to the bottom. part # on mine is 184600-1680. Also the driver side power window motor and regulator (slide) , and factory windshield wipers. Let me know. sjc6765@yahoo.com

Steve.

my 93 sc400 was stolen and recovered wrecked :cries::cries::cries::cries:

thanks

I am sorry to hear about that. I do feel your pain.:cries: :cries: :pirate::censored:

I also have a 93 sc400 (black). If you do decide to part-out; I will pay a fair price plus shipping.

My wish list is: coolant reserve tank; NAKIMICHI 12 CD player; passenger interior door handle assembly; exterior right side mirror assembly(color doesn't matter); rear driver's side light assembly. There are few more things to list. But those are my top things and i don't want to seem like am hog or uncaring. Just that I think You should not give it to a junk dealer that will do the same thing only charge an arm and a leg while giving you a few hundred in return.

Email me at Bayisafyou@comcast.net or call 707-208-6183

most glass is good

thanks alot

micah

ok heres a link to the pics of my poor car

anyone need parts????

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83799915@N00/

Micah, Still learning to navigate this site, hope this works. I need 2 wheels for my '95 sc400. I hit a piece of wood in the road and bent both left side wheels. My car has 187k on it and is in great shape but I don't want to get into huge bills on big wheels or new OEM wheels. Can you help? I can be reached at tullyp@nashua.edu. thanks, Pat T.