'04, Es330 Tires ?

Simon

Longer treadlife often equals harder louder ride :cheers:

In terms of snow performance, I actually would venture to say the LS-Vs would be better than the TripleTreds in the snow. The siping and directional pattern of the TripleTreads will help in the rain, but I don't know about the snow.

I don't think Bridgestone is replacing them with anything...at least not yet.

Longer treadlife often equals harder louder ride :cheers:

In terms of snow performance, I actually would venture to say the LS-Vs would be better than the TripleTreds in the snow. The siping and directional pattern of the TripleTreads will help in the rain, but I don't know about the snow.

I don't think Bridgestone is replacing them with anything...at least not yet.

My only question to your comments Steve is....if they were so good (and they were a good seller).....why have they discontinued them?

The TT has a built in ice block in the centre part of the tread along with the ingredients in the rubber compound to have much better traction below the freezing point (most all seasons lose their grip & performance below 7 degrees celcius....what that....just over 40 F?). ;)

One good tire that is out there (but definately not for a Lexus) is the Nokian WR all weather plus.

:cheers:

I don't know. I have no idea whether they sold well or not though, but I do know they're excellent tires.

My guess is they were expensive and when most buyers in retail situations looked at them they decided to purchase tires that they were more familiar with for the money (MXV4s probably). They were only $10 or so a tire cheaper.

The TT has a built in ice block in the centre part of the tread along with the ingredients in the rubber compound to have much better traction below the freezing point (most all seasons lose their grip & performance below 7 degrees celcius....what that....just over 40 F?).

I've read that too ;)

Eh, to me they just seem like a lot of marketing hype that Goodyear is famous for, along the lines of the Aquatreads etc. I'm just not a Goodyear fan.

I've read that too ;)

Eh, to me they just seem like a lot of marketing hype that Goodyear is famous for, along the lines of the Aquatreads etc. I'm just not a Goodyear fan.

Ah Ha! Now the truth is coming out! lol j/k Steve :P

Honestly, I was never a Goodyear fan either until I gave the TT's came out & I gave them a try (I was always a Michelin & Toyo guy).

I was also going to give the Yokohama Avid H4S/V4S some serious consideration.....they are cheaper than the TT's....but still leaning towards the TT's.

Try and find a set of Turanza LS-Vs. Tire Rack still has them I think.

Nope, they no longer carry them (only ones they have are the LS-H, but not in only in 2 sizes left & not in my size or the LS-Z which is overkill on an ES).

Wife drives an ES 330 2004. The OEM tires lasted 30k miles. Bought the Goodyear Assurance Comfortreds and she is very happy with them after 5k miles, many rain storms and one snow storm in NYC.

I used Tire Rack for research: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...ance+ComforTred but ultimately bought from Sears. If you buy from Sears be sure to print out online prices - was cheaper than the store and had to do a price match.

FYI - I have the MXV4s as OEM on my Honda Accord and have no complaints after 15k miles.

Wife drives an ES 330 2004. The OEM tires lasted 30k miles. Bought the Goodyear Assurance Comfortreds and she is very happy with them after 5k miles, many rain storms and one snow storm in NYC.

I used Tire Rack for research: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...ance+ComforTred but ultimately bought from Sears. If you buy from Sears be sure to print out online prices - was cheaper than the store and had to do a price match.

FYI - I have the MXV4s as OEM on my Honda Accord and have no complaints after 15k miles.

Just curious why you decided to go with the Comfortreads over the Triple Treads?

• 3 weeks later...
The OEM was the Turanza EL42. The dealers sell tires, they should have a selection of tires in stock. Ask them.

As for reccomendations. I have Bridgestone Turanza LS-Vs on my car and they are an excellent tire. Bridgestone discontinued them recently though.

If I were buying tires for it right now I probably would choose the new Michelin Primacy MXV4. IMHO the TripleTreads are too aggressive a tire for the ES.

Once again I am in appreciation of this site. I have LS-V's and after looking around today to replace them, I found they were no longer available. I stopped at tirerack.com and then here and found this thread. Looked into the Primacy MXV4's, saw some reviews (see links below) and decided I'm pulling the trigger. Thanks for the info and your discussion here guys.

Test/Review 1:

http://cars.about.com/b/2007/06/01/testing...rimacy-mxv4.htm

Test/Review 2:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=86

• 1 year later...
Nice choice blue.....keep us posted from time to time.....let us know how you find them. B)

Lexusfreak and Steve,

any updated comments now on the optimal all-season tire for the 04-06 ES in a snow-prone climate?

were there any good /similar replacements for the Turanza LS-Vs?

if not, which is "best" overall - MXV4's vs Triple treads? and someone mentioned comfort treads, but did'nt explain why comforttread vs Triple tread.

I need to replace my OEM ES tires this year I think. also will replace tires on our subaru outback, but for that likely will de finitely go with the tripletread.

Boston Snowboarder

I got your PM too.

I personally feel that the Triple Treds are too aggressive a tire for the ES. The Primacy MXV4 would be my choice, I'm very satisfied with mine in the rain but we haven't had much snow to compare them to.

The Comfortreads aren't appropriate because they only come in a T speed rating...

hello, i have 2004 es bought michelin exalto v rated stock size. very happy with this tire. 61000 miles on the car. tires good in snow, very good in rain and quite. got a good price on them from discount tire.

tim

My '04 came with Bridgestone Turenza tires that lasted 18,000.0 miles.---Good Tires, but short on tread life--

The Dealer replaced them with Michelin MXV4 -Plus, Tires--(tires say M & S on Sidewall) but dealer says they are All Season-which are also identified, as such, on the Michelin web site.

My wife an I feel that they "whine" . Dealer checked them and says --all is OK--. I drove other Lexus models , with "Eagles" and they whine worse.

Question... Have others had similiar problems, on their Lexus, with Noisy tires ??

Or is it me ?

Michelins are crap ..go for the GOODYEAR ASSURANCE TRIPLETRED with the 80K warranty ..they are far superior to Yokohama AVID V4s Yokohama YK520s and MICHELINS MXV4s