Tire Pressure Light

Has any one had the tire pressure light come on? I just checked the owners manual, and like always, it says to take it to your Lexus Dealer. I did check the tires and they all have the same amount of air pressure. What could be the problem or how do I reset this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2007 RX350

My tire pressure light goes on at 30 psi. It doesn't matter if all the tires are the same pressure, one at the threshold will set it off. It resets when the psi in all of the tires is over the sensor setting.

Try pumping up all of the tires to 34 psi, or higher if necessary, and then bleed one down until the light goes on. That will tell you what sensor setting will trip the warning light. You might even try it on all four tires to see if one sensor is malfunctioning. Then it is a replacement issue.

Since you have a 2007 RX it should be under warranty.

Has any one had the tire pressure light come on? I just checked the owners manual, and like always, it says to take it to your Lexus Dealer. I did check the tires and they all have the same amount of air pressure. What could be the problem or how do I reset this?

2007 RX350

I just got a 2008. Where is this light supposed to be? Just curious.

The tire light is in the instrument cluster near the bottom. It is amber and looks like a flat tire if I remember correctly. The owner's manual should show you all of the lights and their locations. It also appears when the car is started. Look next to the gas gauge.

• 1 month later...

2007 RX350

Check the 'Tire Warning Select Switch' (refer to page 14 of the owners manual for its location). This push-in/push-out switch can sometimes be accidentally engaged by a passenger's foot. The correct setting is in the pushed-out position.

• 2 weeks later...

2007 RX350

I recently had the same experience, and I was nowhere near a Lexus dealer. I took the car to a tire dealer, and they checked the tires and they were perfect. The light later went off. When I was near the Lexus dealer, I stopped in and they said it must have been a fluke, as they couldn't find anything wrong. Hope this isn't going to be a continuing issue!

2007 RX350

I recently had the same experience, and I was nowhere near a Lexus dealer. I took the car to a tire dealer, and they checked the tires and they were perfect. The light later went off. When I was near the Lexus dealer, I stopped in and they said it must have been a fluke, as they couldn't find anything wrong. Hope this isn't going to be a continuing issue!

False warnings can be easily corrected. (Just for reference, if a tire is slightly low and the warning light is on and you drive the car, heat will increase the pressure and the light should go out.) Now for how to correct. See page 306 in the RX manual. Set your tire pressure where you want it--I use 32psi. Turn the ignition key ON. Press the "Tire Pressure Reset Button" and hold until the Warning light on the instrument display flashes 3-times, the leave key on for about another 2-minutes. The Reset Button is under the panel just below the steering wheel. Hope this helps.