Radio Died

it has been a while . my 93 sc300 oe radio died (i think) i checked the fueses and checked the wires going to the radio and the amp with a meter. it reads 12.25 volts . there is mo funky smell only thing is there is power going to the radio but nothing is happening. any thaughts.

anybody ? will i have to replace the radio and the anp or get a new system all together . ( don't want to ) i like the factory fit . its less intrusive and doesnt atract attention. sounds better .anybody plz.

It's unusual to hear of a radio going out like that. In other words just totally dead. Generally a channel will go out, or the display will stop operating etc.etc. Not the whole unit itself. which means it's probably just your amp if it's a seperate unit. I would just get a new amp first. Also, did you check to see if there are fuses in the amp? Amps can get real hot, so they usually go first.

• 3 weeks later...

whell i got the new(used) amp and pluged it in and .... nothing. since i was still there i though twhy not try the radio. :rolleyes: the antenna went up. but.......... now the cd player dosent work .what the hell! i still have the original radio dose anybody know how to fix or are ther any shops that can fix the factory radio? on the bright side all the lihgts work on the radio now .so all i have to do is get the dash needles and the accontrole lights to work!

Is the cd player and radio one unit? Did the cd player work before and not the radio? when you turn on the radio and crank up the volume do you hear any thing at all?

Is the cd player and radio one unit? Did the cd player work before and not the radio? when you turn on the radio and crank up the volume do you hear any thing at all?

i got an err on the display the cd changer was making the sound lilie itwastrying to load a cd bout all i get was ERR

PLUS the radio is a single unit with a tape player and thecd changer is a 12disk in the trunk on top of the amp.

i got an err on the display the cd changer was making the sound lilie itwastrying to load a cd bout all i get was ERR

PLUS the radio is a single unit with a tape player and thecd changer is a 12disk in the trunk on top of the amp.

Replace the 12 disc with a 6 disc, Plug and play.If you want one let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
would love to buti like the large capacity changer.i im 'dyou awile ago,about the freeairsub and allso if you have the carpet ant mounting hardware for the cd changer for its stock location . i want to autox and canthave to much things rattling around in the trunk.

i had that happen on my rx300 what caused it to to go out was the mute button shorted out it had that feature for the phone but i never used it so it thought i was on the phone in turn it shut my radio off but everything else still worked.so instead of sending it out for 6weeks to cali i put a new amp and a eq with volume control to solve that problem and it only cost me 250 instead of the 2000 they was talking about to find the problem and replace the radio

it has been a while . my 93 sc300 oe radio died (i think) i checked the fueses and checked the wires going to the radio and the amp with a meter. it reads 12.25 volts . there is mo funky smell only thing is there is power going to the radio but nothing is happening. any thaughts.

how can i sell my 1998 ls400 system on here the woofer the changer and radio and amp

• 1 month later...

Replace the 12 disc with a 6 disc, Plug and play.If you want one let me know.

How do replace a 12 disc CD with a 6 disc Plug and Play??

Waldobird