Sound Syatem

How good, or how bad is the Standard Sound system?

I am now thinking of getting the NV package that comes without the ML option.

My normal drive time is about 35 - 40 minutes, anything longer and I fly. I don't believe that I would really appreciate the Mark Levinson option, or am I wrong?

How good, or how bad is the Standard Sound system?

I am now thinking of getting the NV package that comes without the ML option.

My normal drive time is about 35 - 40 minutes, anything longer and I fly. I don't believe that I would really appreciate the Mark Levinson option, or am I wrong?

Good sound is good sound... I don't know if the length of your drive should be the determining factor. If you are an enthusiast/audiophile, then I would highly recommend the ML system. I am very happy with mine. The big difference is you can turn it up quite loud and still have clean sounding music... no rattling sounds in your speakers. The only thing that rattles is maybe your rear view mirror from all the deep bass :rolleyes: .

I really like the fact that I get clean deep bass you can feel in your heart w/o the boom boom that some may find offensive as you drive by and set off all alarms in a parking lot with the typical aftermarket stuff.

Just my opinion...

The standard sound system is powered by Pioneer and has Bose speakers....not bad to be honest, but the ML system is just that much more superior to the standard one. If you really want to pay the money for it then get it, if you need to save some cash forget about it.

The standard sound system is powered by Pioneer and has Bose speakers....not bad to be honest, but the ML system is just that much more superior to the standard one. If you really want to pay the money for it then get it, if you need to save some cash forget about it.

Stock system with an add-on subwoofer is an option. I think the stock system sounds excellent except that it lacks bass. There is a small free-air subwoofer included in the stock system, but it sounds a bit weak in the lowest bass range.

That can be remedied for a few hundred dollars ($400-600) if you don't mind giving up a little trunk space. I added a sealed box with a 10" subwoofer and a 200W amp. I have the amplifier gain turned down to the minimum, and it adds just the right amount of bass. I probably could have gotten by with a smaller subwoofer box with an 8" driver, and I think it would do the job.