01 Is300 Shocks And Struts

JustRod

It's my first Lexus IS300 and i would like to change the Shocks and Struts. Can anybody recommend a goog quality brand that does not sacrifice the ride quality...i love the way it drives and would be dissappointed if the drive quality changes. I'm trying to avoid buying the Shocks and Struts from a Lexus Dealer, i've heard that they tend to raise the prices quite high.

Any Aftermarket suggestions guys?!!

Much thanks for the help...

there is a place in rancho, they sell tien suspension components for the is300. gt motorsports, their address is 9481 hyssop drive, the number is 909-989-2278. i just got off the phone with them and they have coilover kits ranging in price from $750 all the way up to $7000

I've asked talked to a few shops last weekend and most of them recommend Tockico's or TEIN's. Much thanks for the heads up ALL.

I'm now trying to get me some new Demon Eyes Headlights.

Once again, Much thanks.

If you do the demon eyes, you should do the halos at the same time. That's what I did and they look awsome!!!

I have posted pics of the work I did on my car in the "Dream Ride" thread if you want to see what they look like.

If you like the Lexus ride on your IS, and the shocks aren't bad...why replace them?!?!?

Your suspension setup should LAST!

If you're looking for a firmer ride (ie. less body roll), a lowered car, less bounce <===> All that equals feeling the bumps in the road (ie. it's gonna be a bumpier ride)

I'd suggest a subtle 1" Drop with L-Tuned springs or eibach springs...and nothing but KONI shocks.

• 2 weeks later...